Like a new feature? Say thanks here

Say it if you mean it...
yusef88

Re: Like a new feature? Say thanks here

Post by yusef88 »

do you kindly give an overview about FVSVF feature?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

yusef88 wrote:do you kindly give an overview about FVSVF feature?
It will come out in 13.40.

mwb1100

Post by mwb1100 »

This isn't a new feature (at least I don't think it is) - but I didn't know about it so it's new to me: To Clipboard/Item UNC Path/Name(s)

This small feature in XYplorer is much appreciated. It saves me from having to use my old, idiotic, manual process that involved a cmd window, the "net use" command, and several copy pastes.

Thanks!

autocart

Post by autocart »

THANK YOU :!:, Don, for FVSVF (FolderViewSettings with VisualFilters) !!!
And also that it works for the default FoderView (thus on new tabs) and on restart. I was secretely hoping for this.

XYplorer was the right choice!! Thx!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Since this feature is still in beta state I register this as a beta-thank.

beta-thank you anyway,
Don :)

autocart

Post by autocart »

Please, don't take this feature away anymore!!!
Regarding the beta-thank, though, the first post in this thread says:
Chris Wood wrote:This thread is for thanking Donald for specific new beta features you like.
Not that I mind beta-thanks - in fact I like it, its nice - but I just wanted to point out what easily gets forgotten (no problem though).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

autocart wrote:
Chris Wood wrote:This thread is for thanking Donald for specific new beta features you like.
Oh, I was not even aware of that. Well, then I will just take any thanks without further discrimination. :)

And, no, I won't take it away! IMO it's ultra-awesome!

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Version 13.30.0009 - 2013-11-18 13:28 you added <get drivename "C:"> Thank you Don, it will come in very handy in XY scripting. :appl: I don't know what time it is there, but have a :cup: or :beer: It's totally up to you!
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:Thanks! :D

Let me add a review of the near future: The next four weeks will bring some extremely hot stuff to your homes, some of it so revolutionary that I cannot even tell you the working title of it now (industrial espionage is always down under around the corner, you know what I mean...).
Ok, it took a little longer than expected. The first extremely hot stuff was Breadcrumb Bars. The second will follow now. It needs a little homework for me, 2 weeks maybe, and when I come back you will get the next revolution in file management... :mrgreen:

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

admin wrote:
admin wrote:Thanks! :D

Let me add a review of the near future: The next four weeks will bring some extremely hot stuff to your homes, some of it so revolutionary that I cannot even tell you the working title of it now (industrial espionage is always down under around the corner, you know what I mean...).
Ok, it took a little longer than expected. The first extremely hot stuff was Breadcrumb Bars. The second will follow now. It needs a little homework for me, 2 weeks maybe, and when I come back you will get the next revolution in file management... :mrgreen:
Yep. Breadcrumbs was extremely hot stuff. Took a long time to convince you but it seems that you now completely in love with it. Hahaha!

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

admin wrote:FVSVF (Folder View Settings with Visual Filters) -- wow, this really good! It came out of the blue (well, thanks to cslevine and LittleBig!), and already changed my core work environment. Simple and powerful, the classic killer feature.
Reading this a thought shaped in my mind: We can't call a software file manager, just because it has dual panel, can handle all kind of compressed files and maybe has FTP client in it. The REAL file management starts here, when you are able to create a work environment according to your home or your office needs.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

copier=Genius
Great move Don!! Elegantly implemented, as always. :appl:

cytochrome

Post by cytochrome »

The breadcrumbs are awesome. The 'grayed out' entries showing elements of the original full path are extremely useful.

Overall, I can't think of a way that this feature could be significantly better.

Thanks!

Marco

Post by Marco »

Now at the bottom of the download page ( http://www.xyplorer.com/download.php ) hashes are available. Great way to ensure that XY is downloaded properly!
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Code: Select all

v13.50.0002 - 2013-12-19 13:11
    + Named Drives: Now, for the sake of portability, you can specify 
      paths using their name (Volume Label) instead of the drive letter.
      So, for example, if your drive C: is called "TheSystem", then 
      these two paths will refer to the same location:
        C:\Windows
        TheSystem:\Windows
Thanks for this, makes everything so much easier. :appl: