"xyplorer: not enough features"

Say it if you mean it...
admin
Site Admin

"xyplorer: not enough features"

Post by admin »

:lol: -- see at bottom of this page: http://www.alexking.org/blog/2005/01/27 ... eplacement

So after all, Chris, the size of the menus is not that intimidating :wink:

Chris Wood

Post by Chris Wood »

Well we can quote reviewers all day, your latest post says "Xplorer² however is still a better choice for average users who will be overwhelmed by XYPlorer's power."

I think it's possible to have a lot of power at the same time as simplicity and ease-of-use, and XYplorer is pretty good at that.
test everything. hold on to the good.

zridling

Post by zridling »

Chris Wood wrote:...it's possible to have a lot of power at the same time as simplicity and ease-of-use, and XYplorer is pretty good at that.
My initial attraction to XYplorer was its apparent ease of use. Then I kept peeling back layer after layer of power features and was surprised at how clever they were implemented in XYplorer's user interface. Whether you're a newbie or a power user, I think anyone could benefit from having XYplorer on their desktop.
- Zaine Ridling, The Great Software blog

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

I think part of the reason why XY works better than many other products is due to the feedback given here in the forums, and an author who, in almost all cases, pays attention to that feedback! :D
It's seems kinda like a group project at times with us users pointing the cook at the best ingredients to make the dish with. 8)
But...we are also blessed with a developer who really knows his stuff!! :wink:
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:I think part of the reason why XY works better than many other products is due to the feedback given here in the forums...
Oh, definitely! XY is a multi-brain product of the Beta Club think tank. Only, that my brain is the biggest, of course. :lol:

This is the Zen of File Management.

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

admin wrote:... Only, that my brain is the biggest, of course. :lol:
Not sure, if size matters there, but I got the meaning... :lol: :lol:
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

allen

Post by allen »

admin wrote:This is the Zen of File Management.
I love that tag line, and couldn't agree more.

zridling

Post by zridling »

j_c_hallgren wrote:I think part of the reason why XY works better than many other products is due to the feedback given here in the forums, and an author who, in almost all cases, pays attention to that feedback!
Well said, JC. One of the first things I told Don as feedback for purchase was the quality of this forum, of which you're a big part of that. Thanks! Zen, by the way, is a perfect description of XYplorer. And below is how I picture Don 22 hours a day:

Donald Lessau, author of XYplorer, working on the next beta

zridling

Post by zridling »

The Zen of File Management also makes a good description for a XYplorer blogroll link.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

zridling wrote:Zen, by the way, is a perfect description of XYplorer. And below is how I picture Don 22 hours a day:
Donald Lessau, author of XYplorer, working on the next beta
:lol: Yep, Zen Ridling, your vision is shockingly sharp! It's just that I'm not sitting but floating about 10 inch levitated over the ground.