Thanks to Stefan for the Scripting How-to

Say it if you mean it...
kodyman

Thanks to Stefan for the Scripting How-to

Post by kodyman »

I'd like to thank Stefan for taking the time to put together the forum topic How to use and execute a script

It has been very helpful to me and I hope to others.
I also appreciate including the graphic in the 18:52 time posting. While it takes more time when preparing how-to instructions, I think including pictures/graphics along with verbal explanations helps to make steps clearer. At least it does for me.

Thanks again!

Stefan

Re: Thanks to Stefan for the Scripting How-to

Post by Stefan »

How nice of you ;-) Thanks for the feedback.

Crash&Burn

Post by Crash&Burn »

@Stefan, wow lot of info there - haven't digested it all yet.

I've been using AutoHotkey for almost 3 years now. XYplorer's internal scripting seems well thought out and powerful - but with AHK one can make a GUI (menu, tooltips, ListView, ListBox, etc).

I seen the thread about running a script from the command line, which isn't possible.
Also everything I know about SendMessage/PostMessage doesn't appear to be of any use with XYPlorer.

Do you know if the Panel's control-names are static?

Will the left/right panels always be: ThunderRT6PictureBoxDC51, and ThunderRT6PictureBoxDC40. respectively?

If so, it appears that a JumpList menu/GUI could be utilized to ChangeDirs within XYPlorer.

A working example - to change the directory of the Right panel to "C:\_TEMP" - via hotkeys atm:

Code: Select all

SetTitleMatchMode, Regex
#ifWinActive, \- XYplorer[ ]\@[ ] ahk_class ThunderRT6FormDC
	+!c::
		aWin:=WinActive("A")
		ControlFocus, ThunderRT6PictureBoxDC40, ahk_id %aWin%
		ControlSend, Edit10, C:\_TEMP{Enter}, ahk_id %aWin%
	return
return

printedtopsntees

Post by printedtopsntees »

@stephan

You answered on of my posts (thanks) and at the bottom of your answer was the link to a scripting tutorial.

Absolutely brilliant, many thanks for the time and effort put in and also that you are still maintaining it.

Lots to go at, but it looks fun.