Pretty good product with no customer service

Say it if you mean it...
jets88

Pretty good product with no customer service

Post by jets88 »

For $80 you think you would have some customer service but there is none, no email no nothing. Customer service consist of frequently asked questions and form board where you can post a question and you're lucky if you get one reply. I'm not an advanced user it would be nice to have a little support

highend

Re: Pretty good product with no customer service

Post by highend »

but there is none, no email no nothing
What does that mean, you've sent an e-mail and got no reply?
and you're lucky if you get one reply
Then you must be a lucky person. You've asked two questions and received an answer for both of them?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jets88

Post by jets88 »

highend wrote: 01 Oct 2021 08:36
but there is none, no email no nothing
What does that mean, you've sent an e-mail and got no reply?

where are the support page do you see an option to send an email regarding the question? https://www.xyplorer.com/support.php
I don't see it but I may have missed it

highend

Post by highend »

There is a prominent "Contact" entry on the right upper side on https://www.xyplorer.com/
?

jets88

Post by jets88 »

oh I was looking on the support page where there is no option to email them. and where it says

Contact

Bug reports, wishes, and usage questions: Please visit the user forum.
Licensing, site licenses, quotes: Please send us an email.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You know, what you buy is the license to use the app. Any support is a bonus. The folks here in the forum do all of this in their free time and for free, just to help others. So there is no point in getting angry. Gratitude would be a more appropriate feeling.

jets88

Post by jets88 »

not trying to be angry I'm just saying when you purchase something and pay $80 for it you normally comes with support. Most every other piece of software I bought had some sort of level of support to it. I don't know why you redacted part my comment as that information is on their publicly facing website. Anyways the only annoyance I see is from the people responding to me I will not use this form again

autocart

Post by autocart »

@jets88,
If I may put your "review" a bit into perspective:
You yourself are comparing it to other software, and that is perfectly fine. But you do not make a full comparision. For the ca. $80 you mentioned you do get a REAL life time license for the full product and full version upgrades forever, as long as the software continues to get updated. Other software charges you a similar amount per 1 or 2 years or so, either subscription or main version based. Something to think about when making comparisions.

Other than that the forum mostly gives really good and fast support, often around the clock. Even in the middle of the night, I often got quick and helpful responses from proficient users around the world. And even the developer himself is active in the forum most of the time.

If you are referring to this support page: https://www.xyplorer.com/support.php, then, yes, I agree that the e-mail could be placed more prominently. Unfortunately no one is perfect, and so isn't the XY website nor the XY software itself. Overall, it is a good package for the price, though, don't you think? And coming back to comparisions, IMHO, the most prominent main competitor also is not perfect regarding, e.g., their support. I personally find Don and XYplorer much more pleasant regarding support. Don sometimes sees things differently but he mostly gives "real" answers to one's questions and you can say what is your mind and heart without real problems.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you knew how many emails I get every day you would understand why the email is not placed more prominently. :)

Joso

Post by Joso »

actually a GREAT product with GREAT support. I don't recall when I bought this software (Don probably knows) but it is the best Windows app I've ever used and I cannot begin to count the number of times a "suggestion" has been incorporated into the app or the number of upgrades I've downloaded over the years. No, I think the OP must be a shill for the home office to solicit testimonials from us old-timers. Rant ends.

PS: there is no "them" - Don is a one-man band

Garonne

Post by Garonne »

admin wrote: 22 Oct 2021 16:47 If you knew how many emails I get every day you would understand why the email is not placed more prominently. :)
Yup... Actually... Since you are doing it all by yourself and you are still quite present here in the forums I can't say there's no support.
And the comunity is more than eager to fill the gaps... highend is very active to help anyone here when you are busy coding.

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

Garonne wrote: 01 Apr 2022 20:09 ... highend is very active to help anyone here when you are busy coding.
Sometimes I think highend is Don's alter ego.

I don't know where he's taking the time, but: I do admire his willingness to help and his nearly unmatched patience in doing so. :tup: :tup: :tup:
Yes, sometimes his straightforwardness can be mistaken as rudeness (*), but offering so much help needs some sort of focus and time boxing - and willingness to put a decent amount of own effort to learn on the recipient's side. ;-)

*: imho, it was well deserved in all cases I noticed so far

highend

Post by highend »

I expect people to have a brain (and that they are willing to use it)...

Was that rude?^^

And no, I'm not Don's alter ego :masked:

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

C'mon, you know, it was meant as a titanic compliment. ^^

XY fan

Post by XY fan »

Yes - great support here on this forum - and free too. It all seems pretty good to me as a new user of XY.