Finally... Explorer done right!

Say it if you mean it...
chappity

Finally... Explorer done right!

Post by chappity »

I've used Windows for decades now (since Windows 95) as well as macOS. Coming back to Windows after many years of using macOS as my main platform for work, I was pleasantly surprised to find XYplorer. So many things to like about the app! The UI customization is terrific, and the way that you can enable color filters to automatically highlight certain files or folders under certain conditions is a massively useful idea.

I also really like the pins in the file tree—never expected to see this kind of thing implemented in a Windows app. Excellent concept!

Most of all, I really like the "New Items" context menu item, where you can create new items in a folder based on whatever you have in your "New Items" template folder. That's massively useful for me. I'm a freelance translator, and I often need to create new project folders that use existing folder structures. I could of course just put a template folder on my desktop and copy/paste that... but who wants to clutter up their desktop? :lol: Being able to add stuff via the "New Items" context menu option is a wonderful, flexible idea—a real time-saver.

What is also so wonderful about how the app is designed is the way that things are carefully located and organized in the Configuration preferences. You'd think it would be hard to find just the right option with so many other things in the menu... but I haven't had any trouble at all, and barely needed to visit the help pages to figure it out. Great work.

Kudos to the devs of this fantastic app! Never thought I'd say this about a Windows file management app, but I'm totally on board!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Finally... Explorer done right!

Post by admin »

Thanks a lot! :D :beer: :masked: