Gizmo likes XYplorer, part II

Say it if you mean it...
admin
Site Admin

Gizmo likes XYplorer, part II

Post by admin »

The recent Support Alert Newsletter Issue 151 has some nice words about XYplorer:

6.1 Search Files Without Using a Desktop Search Utility

A final option is to use the search feature built into some File Managers. Among the best of these is XYplorer [5].
XYplorer can search for both file names and file contents and has powerful search specification options, including the ability to limit the search to specific drives, folders, file types, creation dates, size, file attributes and more. Furthermore, the speed of the inbuilt search is simply amazing.

XYplorer is shareware but you can get the last free (for personal use) version from here [6]

Overall XYplorer gets my recommendation as the best free non-indexed solution to finding files and file content quickly and easily. As a bonus you'll also get an outstanding file manager and a great replacement for Windows Explorer as well.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

When the new free vers was announced, I quickly sent an email to Gizmo about it so I now see that he's updated that section with the new info and link...see http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46 ... ies.htm#11
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:When the new free vers was announced, I quickly sent an email to Gizmo about it so I now see that he's updated that section with the new info and link...see http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46 ... ies.htm#11
Thanks. I had done it, too. :)

BTW, it was the only active announcement (apart from here in the forum) about XYF I have done. I'm curious to see how/if freeware promotes itself. A social experiment...

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

I've also noticed in a msg thread at DonationCoder for XY that a post about new free vers was made...I think by one of our regular posters here, maybe mwb1100?
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.