Wanted to say Hello!

Say it if you mean it...
Emre

Wanted to say Hello!

Post by Emre »

Hi,
I've been using XYplorer free for quite some time. I'm not a pro with usage, but it really helps me with my daily life, where I mainly do project coordination with huge number of files from various design groups.

I work in a company where it would be a tedious work to convince them to buy me an "explorer", so I decided to buy it myself with the cyber-deal. Couldn't miss the life time offer, since the tool is very actively developed.

I don't need to tell too much, only this. Noone around can browse the server with my 1/2 speed, and when I need to watch them find a file in their computers with windows explorer, it becomes a torture to watch yet alone use it :D.

I'm sure many nice features are yet to come. But;
  • The Catalogue: Now that I have this, my speed is doubled.
  • Live Filter: I said huge number of files.
  • Ghost Filter: Great for ignoring clutter like autocad .bak files.
  • Age Coloring: Invaluable in a team environment. Somebody modifies a file, tries to make me browse to it on the phone, but I am already there after their first word. Because XYplorer guides the route to newest modified files.
are more than enough for me. So I wanted to say hi, and a thank you as a new lifetime user.

(P.S.: The price was still high for my country where USD is skyrocketing, I'm sure it is a fair amount in Europe and US, but just wanted to mention about it here.)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Wanted to say Hello!

Post by admin »

Thanks a lot! :cup: :D

Greetings from Cologne to Turkey (I assume),
Don

Borut

Post by Borut »

Emre wrote: 27 Nov 2018 08:00[...]Age Coloring: Invaluable in a team environment. Somebody modifies a file, tries to make me browse to it on the phone, but I am already there after their first word. Because XYplorer guides the route to newest modified files.[...]
Yes, also where I work this is such a nice repeating experience. :wink:

Although here, after some years, I am now not the only one using XY (although mine is most up to date at all times).
Win 10 Pro 64bit

Emre

Post by Emre »

admin wrote: 27 Nov 2018 08:54 Thanks a lot! :cup: :D

Greetings from Cologne to Turkey (I assume),
Don
Yes, assumption was right. Greetings from Bodrum.
Borut wrote: 27 Nov 2018 14:19
Emre wrote: 27 Nov 2018 08:00[...]Age Coloring: Invaluable in a team environment. Somebody modifies a file, tries to make me browse to it on the phone, but I am already there after their first word. Because XYplorer guides the route to newest modified files.[...]
Yes, also where I work this is such a nice repeating experience. :wink:

Although here, after some years, I am now not the only one using XY (although mine is most up to date at all times).
Yes age coloring is great. Though I wish it worked till the top directory, I need to get closer to it to take effect. Is there a setting for this?