Thanks for the prolific development

Say it if you mean it...
iycgtptyarvg

Thanks for the prolific development

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

Not really a review, but just a profound THANK YOU for the large amount of updates.
It's really nice to see a program you love keep evolving.

Also, and this is a BIG one: thank you for keeping XYplorer mostly BUG FREE. Often you see projects become very large and acquire more and more (long-standing) bugs. It was the reason why I switched from uTorrent to QBittorrent for instance.

You are great!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for the prolific development

Post by admin »

iycgtptyarvg wrote:You are great!
Well, probably. Whoever can do this with the dead language VB6 has to be great. :biggrin: Yep, I'm unstoppable. I could write XY using hieroglyphics and keep it running with a hand crank generator just in case Windows is going down the drain. (kind of inside joke, could not resist)

Thank you very much, it's indeed a labor of love!

(And in case you haven't voted yet: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17015) :whistle:

iycgtptyarvg

Post by iycgtptyarvg »

Not only did I go to that website to vote for you, but I also added a pro:
Asynchronous copy and move operations
It's possible to queue copy and move operations so that multiple large copy/move operations don't interfere with each other (disk thrashing) and you can continue working with the program.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:tup: :biggrin:

prino

Post by prino »

iycgtptyarvg wrote:Also, and this is a BIG one: thank you for keeping XYplorer mostly BUG FREE. Often you see projects become very large and acquire more and more (long-standing) bugs.
Tools written by a single person, or possibly a very small team, tend to be far more robust that anything written by the world and its dog. I use two of them, XY (probably not using 90% of what it can do) and Tom Brennan's Vista tn3270, a terminal emulator to access z/OS. Virtual Pascal is another example, be it that that program is, very sadly, no longer developed, and the source, a large part pure, sparsely commented, 386 assembler is pretty much unmaintainable by anyone other than the original author...

Gates' Garbage (aka Windoze) is of course a perfect counter-example of how not to develop software...
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
At last, a tiny bit of programming here... :mrgreen: