My impressions, annoyances, wishlist, etc. as a new user

Say it if you mean it...
TzakShrike

My impressions, annoyances, wishlist, etc. as a new user

Post by TzakShrike »

Hi there, I've been writing down my impressions of XYPlorer as a new user into a document with the intention of just making note of things I like and don't like about the program. It wasn't exactly intended as a review, I sort of changed my mind about what and why I was writing a few times, so it's very stream of conscious-y in places

In any case, I thought it might be slightly useful for the developer to read, especially where UI and user friendliness is involved, as I came to this program having never even heard of it before, and almost dumped the program a few times along the way when particularly annoying things happened. As I read in one of his posts that clarity is a focus now, some of my information could be useful. I'd love to see the program further improved.

You can find my ramblings here

Unfortunately I didn't start writing from when I first started using the program, so a couple of the items are from memory. Oh well :)

Should I separate each of these items into separate posts and put them on their appropriate boards? Or is this good enough for now? I'm still editing this document as I find new things, by the way.

highend

Re: My impressions, annoyances, wishlist, etc. as a new user

Post by highend »

Welcome to the forum

At least split any bug reports / feature wishes into separate (and single) threads...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

TzakShrike

Post by TzakShrike »

Sure thing highend, I'll do that later tonight.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for sharing your first impressions. However, IMO your definition of "bug" is unusual. Much of what you list as bugs are rather personal annoyances. E.g., there are lots of XYplorer users in China and Japan. I had not a single complaint about font readability. Such things belong into the Wishes section.

In my book a "bug" is either an error/crash, or a case where the program does not do what it's advertised to do, or a case where the program does something clearly undesired (like destroy data).

Conc. the "Division by Zero" error, that's certainly a bug! Can you reproduce it? If yes, could you please send me the picture, thanks!