See who's using XYplorer on Wakoopa

Say it if you mean it...
admin
Site Admin

See who's using XYplorer on Wakoopa

Post by admin »

http://wakoopa.com/software/xyplorer/

Wakoopa is only 3 days old and XYplorer is already there. :)

JustinF

Post by JustinF »

:lol: That JFeisty usere there is me!!!! I figured it was an easy way for me to promote some of my favorite software (XY).
Justin
Windows 7 Professional

surrender

Post by surrender »

and serendipity (my fav english word) is me, very close to surrender right? :wink:

PS: Don is it possible to change my username to serendipity? surrender as a name sucks. :P

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

serendipity wrote:and serendipity (my fav english word) is me, very close to surrender right? :wink:

PS: Don is it possible to change my username to serendipity? surrender as a name sucks. :P
Who is surrender? :wink:

However, this phpBB board is not very clever. It still says "surrender wrote" in your previous quotes. This makes following old threads a bit difficult... I can't believe that they do not use IDs to identify users. This is stone-age programming... :roll:
Maybe better: create a new account as serendipity?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

JustinF wrote::lol: That JFeisty usere there is me!!!! I figured it was an easy way for me to promote some of my favorite software (XY).
Sure it's you! :D I knew that immediately. Now guess who's Pollux! :wink:

Anyway, Wakoopa tells me something about XY's publicity compared to other file managers: it can be improved! Vastly improved!

BTW, does anybody here understand how usage time is measured in Wakoopa? I mean 16 seconds??? I use the thing 24 hours a day!

surrender

Post by surrender »

Boy! you changed that too fast. I was trying to login with old ID and got errors. If you think its better to create new user ID then I can. But then you have to change me back to surrender to free the name serendipity.

Thanks.

allen

Post by allen »

There's something funny about how wakoopa notes xy -- I, for example, use xyplorer but Wakoopa doesn't notice. I wonder if it has to do with using it non-installed?

As for the usage time, it seems to try to discern whether you're actually using it or just have it open. Leaving my text editor open all day doesn't net me 24 hours of usage, it seems only to note when the application is actually being directly interacted with. If even.

JustinF

Post by JustinF »

admin wrote:BTW, does anybody here understand how usage time is measured in Wakoopa? I mean 16 seconds??? I use the thing 24 hours a day!
I think I read somewhere (TechCrunch, maybe) that it's the amount of CPU usage, not how much it's at the forefront. I could be wrong, but that's what sticks in my mind.
Justin
Windows 7 Professional

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

JustinF wrote:
admin wrote:BTW, does anybody here understand how usage time is measured in Wakoopa? I mean 16 seconds??? I use the thing 24 hours a day!
I think I read somewhere (TechCrunch, maybe) that it's the amount of CPU usage, not how much it's at the forefront. I could be wrong, but that's what sticks in my mind.
So let's all switch on "Calculate folder sizes" ... :wink:

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

surrender wrote:PS: Don is it possible to change my username to serendipity? surrender as a name sucks. :P
And you NOW just decided this? :roll: You've been that userid since Oct 2005, and were nbr 4 in top 10 posters, and you're starting over? :P
Anyway, maybe you should have something like "(The user formerly known as surrender)" as your signature in that case so others will know what happened to ya... :wink:
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Oh yeah, you are right. I will miss the 4th position. BTW for many forums I chose surrender as a name from one of Iron Maiden's song "Run to the hills" and stuck with it. After I got actively involved in XY forums, I wanted to ask Don to help me change that name (since it doesnt fit me at all) but was too lazy. But here we go, I am serendipity.
And yes, i will include my former name in my signature.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

serendipity wrote:Oh yeah, you are right. I will miss the 4th position. BTW for many forums I chose surrender as a name from one of Iron Maiden's song "Run to the hills" and stuck with it. After I got actively involved in XY forums, I wanted to ask Don to help me change that name (since it doesnt fit me at all) but was too lazy. But here we go, I am serendipity.
And yes, i will include my former name in my signature.
I probably could make a global change in the DB surrender->serendipity, since the word surrender has probably not used with any other reference. But no time... :mrgreen:

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

Actually, its not a big deal. I will catch up to 4th spot again. :wink: Don't care Don, you have more important things to do.

badams007

Post by badams007 »

I'm there as 'Glitter', which is short for GlitterOphelia, but so far it's not showing XY for me!! <sobbing> Keeps showing Win Exp which I prefer NOT to use and haven't used today...so I can't figure out why it's showing WinExp and not my favorite: XYplorer!! :?

GAWD I wish I were a techie. This stumbling, bumbling is dang humiliating. :evil: I hate WinExp now. I don't want it to say that I am using THAT cruddy thing when I am NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT.

I *love* XY and want to promote it! What have I not done? I've closed XY and restarted.

Friggy Frustated in Oregon.

jgpaiva

Post by jgpaiva »

badams007 wrote:Keeps showing Win Exp which I prefer NOT to use and haven't used today...
Actually, probably you have used it, unless you use an alternative shell (like blackbox, or litestep).
In windows, Explorer acts as a file manager and as a shell. That why it appears there, even if you don't use it as a file explorer.