XYplorer New Website Interface..

Say it if you mean it...
klownboy

Re: XYplorer New Website Interface..

Post by klownboy »

admin wrote:I don't see that here in Firefox, nor in Chrome.
I opened the page using IE v11 on both my Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 computers and on both the vertical scroll bar slightly over lapses the horizontal bar on the "T" of CONTACT.

I've never regretted buying the X100S. There are times photographing landscapes that I miss zoom capability, but it takes great shots of what you see. I still have much to learn especially in depth of field adjustments and settings for taking better sunrise and sunset photos - the right compromise between foreground and background.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ah yes, IE. So people are using this. :titter:

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Yeah, IE still has about a 15% market share if you sum up all the versions. One day I'll try Chrome again. Last time was many years ago.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hey Don, you must have tweaked the header over a little on the Home page that I mentioned above...looking good in IE!

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

I really think that
http://www.xyplorer.com/highlights.php

should have a (highlighted :titter: ) link on main page, replacing #shots or #news or even being placed at the left side of the screen.

Too straightforward, new-user catching to be ignored.

I know that http://www.xyplorer.com/product.php has some links to it, but to reach "product" link user must scroll all the way down the page. All of it. Users passing by won't notice it.

Another idea: there must be a way a non-english speaker could click a flag and have that page auto-translated by Google, like
https://translate.google.com.br/transla ... t=&act=url
-makes sense, since XY is global for quite some time now.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

:tup: and :tup:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

SkyFrontier wrote:Another idea: there must be a way a non-english speaker could click a flag and have that page auto-translated by Google, like
The idea is good, but the machine-translations are still too bad. I don't think I should put links to this garbage-German (can only judge this language) on my site. Additionally it destroys the site layout...

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Average users do prefer understand the bits they could rather than judging by pictures.
I don't know. Brazilian portuguese is quite clear, despite one or another nonsensical terms or untranslated stuff (mainly XY-own items).

Thought it would be good to propose this as recently I told about XY to a non-english speaker - who only dare to visit when I told her there was a Google-auto link. She made me wait her to stop the reading (and she was all reluctant initially). Techie-repulsive, by the way.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Cool, you added "highlights" exactly where I was thinking you could yesterday. :tup:

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

admin wrote:
SkyFrontier wrote:Another idea: there must be a way a non-english speaker could click a flag and have that page auto-translated by Google, like
The idea is good, but the machine-translations are still too bad. I don't think I should put links to this garbage-German (can only judge this language) on my site. Additionally it destroys the site layout...
@program translators: are you up to the task?
I'm not for these days, but can do.