Awesome

Say it if you mean it...
JLoftus

Awesome

Post by JLoftus »

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/awesome?s=t

Overused, misused, and abused,,, this little word "Awesome". I can think of no more fitting a descriptor of XY than "Awesome", with "Amazing" being a close second.

I tried XY many years ago, and chose to go with X2 instead, due to some then-perceived advantages of the latter. A little over a year ago, I revisited XY and was truly amazed and awestruck at how far it had come, how incredibly powerful it was, and how it had leapfrogged over X2 in capability. I've been using it exclusively for well over a year now and with each day I find new tips, tricks, and treasures in this truly remarkable system.

I am an old software developer myself and I can't decide whether I am more impressed with XY's robustness, its features and capabilities, or the fact that it is so highly configurable/customizable, replete with its own scripting engine. On top of this, a world-class help system and a community of knowledgeable and truly helpful disciples.

The cost for my lifetime license was more than worth every penny and I have recommended XY countless times, I am truly a Donvangelist.

Many thanks to not just Don but to all the XY community! :appl: :appl: :appl:

TheQwerty

Re: Awesome

Post by TheQwerty »

Couldn't help but think of Eddie Izzard on seeing this.

Though I agree, XY truly qualifies for this usage of awesome! ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks! (To both of you.) :biggrin:

fredzoyt

Post by fredzoyt »

I agree. XY is almost always open on my pc. I use it constantly throughout the day for managing of hundreds of files. Several years ago I migrated to XY from File Notes Organizer and before that Turbo Browser. Remember those?

Anyway, love XY.

D

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

Returned to this post to yet again rave.... on how XY saved me countless hours of painful work:

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been working on a photo organization project, which not only involved a massive renaming effort, but also had to deal both with missing and incorrect metadata, *and* had to deal with a very messy issue pertaining to photos from multiple cameras in folders where the timestamp was off... the modified time and the "date taken" time, were off... by large discrepancies and disparate deviations. In some cases, the camera's clock was set 12 hours off (wifey loathes and cannot grapple with the notion of military time), as well as timezone offsets which were neglected during numerous vacations. Further, in addition to the two aforementioned differences, in some cases the time was just plain off, never mind AM/PM or tz.

Step in XY, and the bounty of resources found in these threads.

From a combination of scripting examples and third party tools referenced within this forum, I managed to take a daunting task of thousands of edits rife with opportunity for error, down to a few CTBs ..... and *BAM* all is right with the world.

I'm still, after all this time, continually boggled by the power of XY. Brings to mind an oft used expression "The more I learn, the more I realize just how much I don't know".

:appl: :appl: :appl:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for such a nice welcome from my little holiday break! :D :cup: