XYplorer, the Fantastic Alternative File Browser

Say it if you mean it...
j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: XYplorer, the Fantastic Alternative File Browser

Post by j_c_hallgren »

But it was very nice to see this posting there:
BrooksNYC wrote:It saddens me to read anything less than enthusiastic reviews here, because I love XYplorer. The current 32-bit version runs flawlessly on my 64-bit Win 7 Pro system, and the app (portable and featherlight) only gets better and more useful with each upgrade.

Hardcore geeks can fine-tune its functionality to a fare-thee-well, but even out of the box, XYplorer is vastly superior to Windows Explorer.

The help forum is excellent and lively. The administrator/author (a great guy) responds quickly to bug reports, and is always looking for ways to improve his software. And the devoted forum regulars are unstintingly generous with their time and help.XYplorer is my favorite Windows utility, period! Today 11:23am
And we have NO idea of how many folks saw the article and tried XY but didn't post any comments there...But hovering over nbrs at top, it says "728 new visitors" now and 8,741 so is that the nbr who've accessed that page? Not sure.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

j_c_hallgren wrote:And we have NO idea of how many folks saw the article and tried XY but didn't post any comments there...But hovering over nbrs at top, it says "728 new visitors" now and 8,741 so is that the nbr who've accessed that page? Not sure.
Don should at least be able to determine how many people clicked through to the download pages and how many downloaded.

But for the rest of us it's not like knowing those numbers would really mean anything anyhow. ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As always, the most fascinating thing is the Total Commander crowd. TC is rather a church than a tool. Well, you cannot beat a church, can you?

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:As always, the most fascinating thing is the Total Commander crowd. TC is rather a church than a tool. Well, you cannot beat a church, can you?
More like a monastery, given how old-fashioned TC appears to me...it's a wonder some of these people can deal with a modern Windows itself!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep, monastery. They live their own small world (and probably don't have a girlfriend), like those Office users who think "Word" and "Windows" are two words for the same thing,

LittleBiG

Post by LittleBiG »

And if you are willing to leave the monastery (after a lot of pensiveness), you will never think of going back. I left that almost 3 years ago, and looking back now, I don't know how I was able to do effective work with that ridiculously simple and featureless thing.