Internal update Function

Say it if you mean it...
Conrad.TDI

Internal update Function

Post by Conrad.TDI »

I really like the new internal updater - including the ability to check for and install beta versions.

It's been quick, and has worked without a single error of any kind.

Thank you for adding this feature. I'm one of the strange characters who checks beta versions on a daily basis. I don't know why - perhaps just to see if I can find an error of some kind.

RalphM

Re: Internal update Function

Post by RalphM »

You either didn't find any errors or didn't let us know about them as this is your 2nd post on this forum since you joined in 2010. :whistle:
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Conrad.TDI

Post by Conrad.TDI »

Great point, and quite accurate!

Thanks for noticing.....I've been here on a nearly daily basis for beta versions, looking for the opportunity to point out something that wasn't working.

I think this really tells me that I haven't spent enough time scripting, or using esoteric networking functions. :D

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Well, a very belated welcome to the forum seems in order!
You might not be the only forum member of the silent type. :)
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

XY fan

Post by XY fan »

I appreciate the sense of humor involved in the check for updates too. If you use CTRL and Check for updates etc it just says you are running the latest beta (if you are), but if you use the ordinary (non-CTRL) and check for updates it says you are "more than up to date" and running a beta (assuming you are running a beta of course).