Portable file icons

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Portable file icons

Post by admin »

serendipity wrote:Any possibility to allow separate icons the two states of recycle bin?
You mean the empty state?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

the_hyrax_lord wrote:I see you can easily set a custom icon for any folder with no specific icon, but can I do the same for files?
I can in the next version. :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

nerdweed wrote:Don,

A glitch with open folders. The open/selected state icon doesn't get applied to a folder and any of its sub-folders if you create subfolders in it. Gets rectified by a restart, but as soon as another folder is created, it re-occurs.
Confirmed, fix comes.

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

admin wrote:
serendipity wrote:Any possibility to allow separate icons the two states of recycle bin?
You mean the empty state?
Yes empty state. Now that you own the icon behavior I thought i'll make this wish.
In fact, i can think of other situations, like cd/dvd icon state (media present or not) or the network computer icon state (accessible or not).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, not possible. But the wish showed me the way to a small bug that I could fix. So: thanks. :)

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

admin wrote:Well, not possible. But the wish showed me the way to a small bug that I could fix. So: thanks. :)
Oh OK, was kind of confident that it would be possible. Especially since XY already has recycle bin stats available to toggle empty vs full state. But well, you know better.
Glad that lead to a bug. :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

serendipity wrote:
admin wrote:Well, not possible. But the wish showed me the way to a small bug that I could fix. So: thanks. :)
Oh OK, was kind of confident that it would be possible. Especially since XY already has recycle bin stats available to toggle empty vs full state. But well, you know better.
Speed is the issue...

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

admin wrote:
serendipity wrote:
Speed is the issue...
Yeah, makes sense.

arirish

Post by arirish »

admin wrote:
the_hyrax_lord wrote:I see you can easily set a custom icon for any folder with no specific icon, but can I do the same for files?
I can in the next version. :)
Joy!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Same here. The ugly Windows default icon has been hurting my eyes ever since.

Flora_RMC

Post by Flora_RMC »

admin wrote:Same here. The ugly Windows default icon has been hurting my eyes ever since.
Oh, I agree! I've always hated those awful generic ones... :veryconfused:

arirish

Post by arirish »

How about the possibility to change the icon for scripts activated from the catalog? :roll:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Uh, no. :)

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Hi'
After a few weeks of trials and multiple adjustments, here's the pack that's working best for me.
As I'd said, I didn't like Win7 opened-only folders, so I had made closed versions, then I realized their opened folders didn't respect the default size of their other icons and didn't feel "on par", so I changed them too.
So here comes: 7 folder icons (6 colored + 1 'incoming') in closed and opened states.
- closed states haven't changed much since last post
- opened states are a bit larger, with right and left borders on par with closed states (and other icons), and with tabs more prominent than by default.
FXT_Folder7_Icons_2.png
FXT_Folder7_Icons_2.png (8.72 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
- closed states have the Color on their Tab (Folder7_c_CT_Color)
- opened states have the Color inside on the Back (Folder7_o_CB_Color) so it remains visually logical while still noticeable.

Just in case, in the "Extras" folder, there are also opened states with Color on the Tabs, Front, or Full, but they're not all updated cause I didn't feel it was worth it - they lacked the coherence of the "Inside" ones.
FXT_Folder7_Icons_2(Extras).png
FXT_Folder7_Icons_2(Extras).png (6.29 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
Attachments
FXT_Folder7_Icons_2.zip
(190.63 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

arirish

Post by arirish »

Nice Drive icons, Flux! I've been looking for some good ones :)