Visual Filter Addition

Features wanted...
Marco

Re: Visual Filter Addition

Post by Marco »

eil wrote:i find this function useful too. 8) only one thing: why that large name, and not something simple, like "Files Filter"?
I wonder the same...
Anyway, I already fell in love with this new feature! :D
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

eil wrote:i find this function useful too. 8) only one thing: why that large name, and not something simple, like "Files Filter"?
Files Filter is not enough, we already have Visual Filter, and we soon will have Live Filter. The point here is the statistics. The filter is just a little extra.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Enternal wrote:Wow. It's amazing! The ability for it to list how many files of each types is actually a really good and amazing idea! Never even thought about that.

Would it be possible to choose our own sorting of the file types though? Anyway, good job! :biggrin:
Well, you inspired me to do this. :)

What kind of sorting do you think of?

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Oh yeah I did! I sort of forgot. I think it's all due to sleep deprivation :oops:

Could we have an option to sort it alphabetically?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Enternal wrote:Could we have an option to sort it alphabetically?
Hm, any other opinions/wishes out there concerning the sort order?

FluxTorpedoe

Post by FluxTorpedoe »

Well, sort by Stats is nice, Alphabetically would be nice too, and while we're at it, Sort by Type would be cool.
Definitely not a necessity though, more of an idea since you asked... ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, I think sort by stats is the most important, and I don't want to add more options just because I can. :)

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Hahaha! If that is so then I think it's perfect. There's nothing else that it really needs.

Actually thinking about it, there is something that could possible be different. It's nothing related to the sort order though heh.

Currently, for example:
JPG, JPG image (2)
Could it possibly be:
*.jpg, JPG image (2)

Of course this is simply just an aesthetic thing. Some files extension and type have the same first part to it and it's a bit "annoying". Don't know how to explain it. Basically:
*.flac, FLAC file (1)
vs
FLAC, FLAC file (1)

Pretty much makes it look a bit better for non-recognized and non-associated files. What do you think?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep, I agree. Also looks less DOS-sy, and is more self-explaining on what happens when you click the menu item.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote:Well, I think sort by stats is the most important, and I don't want to add more options just because I can. :)
Well, I thought about it... :ugeek: :mrgreen: ... and yes, an option to sort by extension is not so bad.

Borut

Post by Borut »

Hey, "Type Stats and Filter", now with a button, cooperating with Visual Filter button, and working also on a branch view, is starting to look as a killer feature to me. :appl: BTW, I have seen such an ordering of file types in the WinDirStat disk used space analysis program. Also, it is a general idea of the ABC-analysis, used for instance in logistics. Powerful and clean concept!
Win 10 Pro 64bit

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Hahaha! Don was convinced! Anyway it's awesome! It works fast and looks great! Just like Borut said, powerful and clean! :biggrin:

Borut

Post by Borut »

v12.20.0409 - 2013-03-14 12:27
+ Type Stats and Filter: Now the last unfiltered stats are
remembered for a filtered list, so you can easily switch between
different filters without using "Show All" in between. Slick!
Oh yes! Much friendlier. I was afraid to ask for it. :wink:
Win 10 Pro 64bit

JustinF

Post by JustinF »

Oh wow, this feature is great! I love it. Thank you.

I have been a XYplorer user for quite a few years...since the TrackerV3 days (is that the right name? lol). I still get the betas every few weeks but haven't posted in the forums for quite a long time. Then today I come in here and see this cool new feature and have to give a big thank you shout out. Sometimes it's the little things that make us happy. :) Thanks Don for sticking with this product for so long and continuing to keep it at the top of the list of 3rd party file managers. You rock.
Justin
Windows 7 Professional

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey Justin, nice to hear from you after more than 2 years! :D

And yes, this thing is a cool feature. There are already plans on my table for similar buttons where files are grouped by date and size (Date Stats and Filter, Size Stats and Filter).

Don