Customizable Context Menu & Making Tea

Features wanted...
Enternal

Customizable Context Menu & Making Tea

Post by Enternal »

Hello. Unfortunately I don't care too much about coffee. So my wish is that XYplorer is able to make me a cup of tea. Is that possible? Of course I would like XYplorer to make me a cup of tea in the current pane.

On to a more serious matter, I think it would be nice if we can customize the context menu. Possibly an extra flyout menu in the context menu for customized commands.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Customizable Context Menu & Making Tea

Post by admin »

You can already: Open With... in Configuration | Menus, Mouse, Safety | Context Menus | Custom items in shell context menu | File List...

Add file-type specific scripts in Portable File Associations...

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

I meant the ability to add other stuff such as "Calculate Folder Sizes," "Set Color Labels," and etc. Basically the ability to do things through the context menu without having to use the toolbar.
Oh wow! Never thought about using the PFA for that! I completely forgot that you can use scripting in it! However I still do think it would be nice to have a more user friendly method of allowing context menus to have customization functions from the toolbar. For example, instead of selecting a file then go to the toolbar to change the label to Green, I can simply right click on the file, and go to Label > Green. No scripting needed. Of course this is just a suggestions because I kind of realize that this might actually be a lot of work to implement.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You got it. :mrgreen: