Please add DUAL TREE LIST on Dual Pane !

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Please add DUAL TREE LIST on Dual Pane !

Post by admin »

I don't think so. SammaySarkar's merits shall remain undivided.

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

(thank you, thank you! :) )
admin wrote: 18 Feb 2019 21:57I don't think so.
I agree, this might be a cool experiment, but not ready for inclusion in XY as is; depends on too many layout factors to look okay.
klownboy wrote: 18 Feb 2019 20:40 the hoverbox doesn't display while in the script I assume due to the timed loop. If you did make the timed loop in AHK, would that eliminate that issue?
I think so, will try. In fact, this must be outsourced from XY to be of any use at all. Too many things break due to the intensive loop.
Last edited by bdeshi on 19 Feb 2019 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to->Too
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

SammaySarkar wrote: 19 Feb 2019 05:14 To many things break due to the intensive loop.
Yes, another issue I noticed was the tooltips for the toolbar icons flashing due to the loop. I mentioned Don taking over the concept due to those breaking issues along with the more important fact that it's actually a great idea. As you said though, there are so many layout factors to consider. Thanks. :tup:
Windows 11, 23H2 Build 22631.3447 at 100% 2560x1440

eimert

Post by eimert »

Hi everybody,

I would still love to see a dual tree list. I also come from Powerdesk, but its getting much too slow and buggy (shame Avanquest ruined it...). Occasionaly I used the XYplorer and I really like it. But, the one tree is often throwing me out of my working routine - It just happens relatively often that I change the directory in the tree while beeing in the wrong panel ... I am now trying the MultiCommander instead, but I would still prefer to use the XYplorer with a dual tree view.
Since I am just a user and have no idea about coding - what is the difficulty with this option? I don't mean to criticize, just wandering as there are several file managers which implement this feature.

Regards,
Klaus

Delphine

Post by Delphine »

eimert wrote: 12 Jan 2020 16:03 I would still love to see a dual tree list
Me to ! Dual tree is really an essential feature.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, never say never, but it's not planned at the moment.

m48tx

Post by m48tx »

eimert wrote: 12 Jan 2020 16:03 Hi everybody,

I would still love to see a dual tree list. I also come from Powerdesk, but its getting much too slow and buggy (shame Avanquest ruined it...). Occasionaly I used the XYplorer and I really like it. But, the one tree is often throwing me out of my working routine - It just happens relatively often that I change the directory in the tree while beeing in the wrong panel ... I am now trying the MultiCommander instead, but I would still prefer to use the XYplorer with a dual tree view.
Since I am just a user and have no idea about coding - what is the difficulty with this option? I don't mean to criticize, just wandering as there are several file managers which implement this feature.

Regards,
Klaus
I completely agree. A dual tree list is essential at times. I used Powerdesk for years but gave up on it once Avanquest ruined it. I spent the money on Directory Opus for the dual tree list and the corresponding folder/file sync function. XYplorer is my go to file manager, but there are times when I find Directory Opus necessary.

Delphine

Post by Delphine »

admin wrote: 13 Jan 2020 14:34 Well, never say never, but it's not planned at the moment.
Thanks. So, no hope. Bye.