Live Filter for List

Features wanted...
TheQwerty

Re: Live Filter for List

Post by TheQwerty »

Some thoughts (EDIT: On the Firefox-esque toolbar approach anyhow):
  1. Add an icon to the status bar to toggle this new toolbar. Yes, right now I can justify an icon but not a full text edit.
  2. An x beside/within the text edit to clear the contents would be appreciated.
  3. Use this as a chance to better expose Spot and Selection Filter by adding a list box containing Filter, Select, and Highlight (Spot). I think it's obvious what these'll do, right?
  4. Focus (Jump) could also be added to this list box but then the toolbar should be given Next/Previous buttons or at least keyboard shortcuts (Enter = Next, Shift+Enter = Previous)
  5. I see a desire for version 2.0 to include the ever-present MRU memory.
Last edited by TheQwerty on 12 Jan 2012 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

TheQwerty wrote:Some thoughts:
  1. Add an icon to the status bar to toggle this new toolbar. Yes, right now I can justify an icon but not a full text edit.
  2. An x beside/within the text edit to clear the contents would be appreciated.
  3. Use this as a chance to better expose Spot and Selection Filter by adding a list box containing Filter, Select, and Highlight (Spot). I think it's obvious what these'll do, right?
  4. Focus (Jump) could also be added to this list box but then the toolbar should be given Next/Previous buttons or at least keyboard shortcuts (Enter = Next, Shift+Enter = Previous)
  5. I see a desire for version 2.0 to include the ever-present MRU memory.
You are reading my mind. :)

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

admin wrote:You are reading my mind. :)
Fantastic!
For a moment I was worried you might not have considered those and went in a totally different direction.
:mrgreen:

Marco

Post by Marco »

And why not placing the live filter bar on the same line of the address bar, like browsers do with the search engine field on the right of the screen?
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

highend

Post by highend »

And why not placing the live filter bar on the same line of the address bar, like browsers do with the search engine field on the right of the screen?
Hehe. In my case -> not enough space. Btw I'd like a (hidable) live list under each pane, too. I'm used to this behavior (through Chrome: Ctrl + f = search bar pops up).
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

Marco wrote:And why not placing the live filter bar on the same line of the address bar, like browsers do with the search engine field on the right of the screen?
Purely going by browser implementation, I prefer Google Chrome's placement of its pop-up in the upper right corner below the address bar; Firefox's bottom-left placement is where applications generally display status messages instead of directing input.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Implementing a live filter bar as part of the list would have a big advantage: You could have a separate live filter for each tab of each pane!

Minimax

Post by Minimax »

Implementing a live filter bar as part of the list would have a big advantage: You could have a separate live filter for each tab of each pane!
I Agree.

nas8e9

Post by nas8e9 »

admin wrote:Implementing a live filter bar as part of the list would have a big advantage: You could have a separate live filter for each tab of each pane!
As a single-pane user, I'd like live filtering to apply to that. Do you mean that for dual pane, you'd want two live filter bars/boxes to be visible at the same time?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

nas8e9 wrote:
admin wrote:Implementing a live filter bar as part of the list would have a big advantage: You could have a separate live filter for each tab of each pane!
As a single-pane user, I'd like live filtering to apply to that. Do you mean that for dual pane, you'd want two live filter bars/boxes to be visible at the same time?
Yes, you could show one on each pane if you wanted to. And thus visually compare different lists with different filtering, or even the same list with different filtering. Not bad IMO.

eil

Post by eil »

as this thread grows more and more interesting news appear. :) i fully agree with TheQwerty's points and glad Don has same plans. i presume, main news to know would be placement of bar. :roll:
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

eil wrote:as this thread grows more and more interesting news appear. :) i fully agree with TheQwerty's points and glad Don has same plans. i presume, main news to know would be placement of bar. :roll:
The placement? At the bottom of the list, full width.