Scripting function Tabset()

Features wanted...
Borut

Re: Scripting function Tabset()

Post by Borut »

admin wrote:BTW, I'm a bit surprised that Borut and Marco take such a hardcore approach to tabsets (and seem to switch them constantly in high frequency), and nobody else seems to care. Is this a polarizing feature?
For me it is an absolute killer feature of the Branch View magnitude or even more. I have been patiently waiting for it for almost a year now (counting on it as I bought the XY). In the meantime I was using the Catalog with "Open folders in tabs", but that was not really it.

I am stunned, that seemingly very few of the "beta testers" seemed interested. If I ware you, I would advertise tabsets in big letters among the XY features. 8)
Win 10 Pro 64bit

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

admin wrote:BTW, I'm a bit surprised that Borut and Marco take such a hardcore approach to tabsets (and seem to switch them constantly in high frequency), and nobody else seems to care. Is this a polarizing feature?
Hey - don't forget me :roll:

In the moment I'm more on pictures and music on my PC - much work to do :?
But what I'm reading here seams to be exact my direction!

So a lot of thanks
to Don,
     Borut and
     Marco
         for this piece of work!
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Marco wrote:And finally a technical question: let's suppose I run tabset("load", "work as: 1"). Everything is fine, work tabset is loaded as tabset 1. Now, if I browse (inside XY) to <xypane> and then rerun tabset("load", "work as: 1") I get an error message from Windows (can't read from disk). Looks like the folder containing the tabset 1 gets deleted while still browsed or when it doesn't exist anymore, I'm not sure. Why so? Ok not a big deal but I was just curious.
I think I could fix that. Had to do with auto-refresh. Too complex to explain in change log.

Marco

Post by Marco »

admin wrote:Yes, nice documentation (tabset.zip)! Do you need a job, Marco? The Help file needs an overhaul. :)

It's true, it looks like I can deprecate loadas and openas. But as the "as:"-syntax is very new (and isn't it revolutionary?!) I will keep the code in place and just don't mention them in the Help file.

Conc. the switch: I had planned a flags parameter anyway (it could also handle the question of saving or not the previous tabset). it's a little late now, but this can be added to the next version.

BTW, I'm a bit surprised that Borut and Marco take such a hardcore approach to tabsets (and seem to switch them constantly in high frequency), and nobody else seems to care. Is this a polarizing feature?
Help file: it all depends on how serious you are...
Hardcore approach: well I just think Borut and me needed this feature and now we use it. Others might be fine even without tabsets, that's why they're silent.
admin wrote:I think I could fix that. Had to do with auto-refresh. Too complex to explain in change log.
Okie dokie
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Marco wrote:Help file: it all depends on how serious you are...
Not serious enough.

Bart

Post by Bart »

I am looking for the Revert to Saved-script.

Bart
Highend outside this forum

highend

Post by highend »

What about describing exactly what that should do?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

Bart

Post by Bart »

Just to load the command "Revert to Saved".

Bart

Post by Bart »

For the community, I found it out:
tabset("revert");