Info panel size

Features wanted...
Gandolf

Info panel size

Post by Gandolf »

Could you provide a quick means of changing the Info Panel size between minimum and maximum? I find that most of the time I either want it at minimum size (File Info, Find files) but for Preview or File View I want maximum size. Rather than dragging the bar that separates the Info Panel from the main file manager display, double clicking or right clicking on the bar to switch to maximum or minimum would make life easier for me.

Dave.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Info panel size

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:...right clicking on the bar to switch to maximum or minimum would make life easier for me.
Life will be easier for you with the next BETA. :)

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Thank you Donald. I'll look forward to the next BETA.

peterbonge

Post by peterbonge »

I've tested the new beta. After maximizing and minimizing the info panel I get a "Run-time error '5'" if I click with the left mouse button on the horizontal splitter.
Furthermore I don't like the way to maximise the info panel. I would prefer a hotkey or a double click on the status bar or a maximise button on the right side (besides the arrows).
Regards,
Peter Bonge

My System: Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit, German

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

peterbonge wrote:"Run-time error '5'"
Whoops, sorry. I'll upload a fix in some minutes.
peterbonge wrote:Furthermore I don't like the way to maximise the info panel. I would prefer a hotkey or a double click on the status bar or a maximise button on the right side (besides the arrows).
I'd like a hotkey, too. But which one? Only few are left...

[a bit later:]
Alea iacta est: Ctrl+P (think: "Control the Panel"). See latest download 3.50.0127

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

"You can please -
All Of The People Some Of The Time;
Some Of The People All Of The Time;
BUT,
You Can Never Please All Of The People All The Time"

I would prefer it mouse operated, left double clicking was my first preference or, as peterbonge suggested, a minimise / maximise button. Keep the Ctrl-P since it works but I like to think of hot-keys for frequently used tasks (particularly if you are getting short of keys) and I don't know how much other users will want the min / max facility.

However it's done, It's great to be able to go between min and max. Thanks again.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:...I like to think of hot-keys for frequently used tasks (particularly if you are getting short of keys) and I don't know how much other users will want the min / max facility.
I think I won't use it much to maximize, but it will be very handy to shrink the panel back to min size! Thanks for a good idea!