Recent locations - Remove non existant dirs automatically?

Features wanted...
highend

Recent locations - Remove non existant dirs automatically?

Post by highend »

Hi,

I hope I didn't missed a setting or tweak to achieve it ;)

Would it be possible to automatically remove all the folders in the "Recent locations" window that don't exist anymore (and therefore have the exclamation mark sign in front of it)? Doesn't make much sense to display them when the location isn't available any more :)

@Don: any timeframe when we can see the nex xcopy 2.0 in action (not only the backup part but copy & paste things)?

Regards,
highend
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Re: Recent locations - Remove non existant dirs automatically?

Post by admin »

No, in a portable application and/or in network contexts, locations can be temporarily unavailable.

Custom Copy: A few days.

highend

Post by highend »

No, in a portable application and/or in network contexts, locations can be temporarily unavailable.
Ok, so I'll clean it up from time to time manually.
Custom Copy: A few days.
<- excited! :D
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

tiago

Post by tiago »

I tried to achieve the same using script but unfortunately it seems I don't have the skills nor the XY in-depth knowledge required for this.
Anyone who could came to rescue?
I thought on reading the files (I couldn't locate the right ones), extracting the paths, dedupe them with formatlist() then use exists() and replace the original file with updated paths (this was the ultimate problem for me).
Power-hungry user!!!

Nasri

Post by Nasri »

Hi,
Similar to TS, I just migrated from my old to a new laptop and I have non-existent folders so I like to remove all unknown locations (those with exclamations mark). Apart from pressing clear to remove all locations, is there some feature that I miss (from googling or searching this forum)? I do have some locations that I am using the same so i hope not to rebuild from scratch since less a quarter is non-existent while the rest is usable.
Best Regards,
N

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No such feature at the moment. But it's an idea to add that to List Management in future...