Bold Color Filters

Features wanted...
murdock01

Bold Color Filters

Post by murdock01 »

If there is a way to do this then let me know because I do not see a way; which is why I am putting this in the wish list.

I would like to be able to also make the the font in the views Bold or italics, or maybe even a different font, depending on conditions in the color filter list.
If that is not clear here ya go. Say I have files that are over 1gb in size. Like the size color filter I could say /size:>1gb then assign a color but then also then make the font bold so it stands out more. Maybe I just want to make the font on folders bold but not assign any colorization, or maybe make hidden files light gray and italicized.
Maybe have the option so that, for example, a database file is set to purple, which we can currently do, but if the size is over 500mb then it also makes the font bold and does not change the purple, or whatever color; basically like an additive effect.
I could probably make a script that does this but it would be nice if it was a built in feature.

Thoughts?
Thanks, Shawn

admin
Site Admin

Re: Bold Color Filters

Post by admin »

Not possible currently and difficult to do. Bold, Italics, and Font all affect the width of the font which leads to trouble in the list layout. I don't plan to get into this trouble.

ggonline

Post by ggonline »

I see this is a very old topic, but I was wishing the same "enhanced font" BOLD and Italics.
What about _underline_ is that possible?
Of course, I would love to choose different Font per filter, but I understand that could require a major rewrite.

I love use folder junctions (and XYplorer makes them so easy to create and search). MS Libraries have very limited customization options (and isn't MS deprecating them).

I filter by filetype category(esp. multimedia, programming, urls,...) using background colors. I also have some filters by date (ex. Today) and filesize (esp. empty/filesize=0). I also have a filter for junctions.
I would like to try a combination of color and "enhanced" font filter using _underline_ if included via junction or different computer.

This would be especially helpful when finding what needs to be copied for backup (another excellent XYplorer feature) to a another computer.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, it would be possible technically. No immediate plans though.

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

ggonline wrote:This would be especially helpful when finding what needs to be copied for backup (another excellent XYplorer feature) to a another computer.
Suggestion: file based source (.txt) for permanent paths and files feeding sc backupto.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...