Would be nice
No votes
I don't want this feature ever
50%

Total votes: 2

Chris Wood

View per folder

Post by Chris Wood »

An important feature that Windows Explorer has and TrackerV3 doesn't is the ability for different folders to have different default views. For instance, I might want to browse without the panel disabled, and view dates by age, but in the "My Pictures" folder I always want the panel to be displayed (for Previews) and to view dates in full.

Add this feature and TrackerV3 will be better than Explorer in almost every way!
test everything. hold on to the good.

admin
Site Admin

Re: View per folder

Post by admin »

Well, that's beyond the TrackerV3-philosophy, i'm afraid. I see your point, but to realize that would take a lot of book-keeping... too much for my taste. But let's see what other people think of your idea -- i'm always open to talk :wink:

Chris Wood

Post by Chris Wood »

What is the TrackerV3 philosophy?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The TrackerV3 philosophy: keep it simple, fast, small and to hell with toolbars! Use little memory, and do not change the system (registry). And so on...

peterbonge

Post by peterbonge »

I really don't like this "important" feature of the Windows Explorer. Evertime I'm installing a new Windows version this is one of the first option I'm disabling...
Regards,
Peter Bonge

My System: Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit, German

Chris Wood

What is bloat?

Post by Chris Wood »

I agree now with peterbonge, an image viewer can be used for looking at thumbnails etc. (I would remove my vote from this and the other thread if I could).
admin wrote:The TrackerV3 philosophy: keep it simple, fast, small and to hell with toolbars! Use little memory, and do not change the system (registry). And so on...
Then why do the "Preview" and "File View" tabs in the Panel belong in TrackerV3? Why these and not thumbnails?

admin
Site Admin

Re: What is bloat?

Post by admin »

Chris Wood wrote:Then why do the "Preview" and "File View" tabs in the Panel belong in TrackerV3? Why these and not thumbnails?
Well, you have to draw the line somewhere. Beyond philosophy, there are technical reasons (a preview for just the current file is easy to program), and historical reasons (TrackerV3's preview tab is older than Explorer's thumbnail view, so it has been a very hot feature once).
See also my other comment.