Considering to buy XYplorer, but have two questions

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Considering to buy XYplorer, but have two questions

Post by admin »

rhoelzl wrote:yes, 32.
OK, just saw that I have the same effect when I switch to "Windows classic" theme. Seems to be part of the theme. :|

rhoelzl

Post by rhoelzl »

Strange then, that this isn't a problem in other programs. Anyway, maybe an easy (if unsatisfactory) solution would be to offer an option to switch off icons in these menus completely.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rhoelzl wrote:Strange then, that this isn't a problem in other programs. Anyway, maybe an easy (if unsatisfactory) solution would be to offer an option to switch off icons in these menus completely.
I researched this and it is indeed a cause of the non-white background color of menus in classic mode:
MSDN wrote:The selected and clear bitmaps should be monochrome. The system uses the Boolean AND operator to combine bitmaps with the menu so that the white part becomes transparent and the black part becomes the menu-item color. If you use color bitmaps, the results may be undesirable.
As I said I'm using the "slot" for checkmarks for the icons. I did it long time ago because I did not know better and it's much easier than doing it right. Lo prio.

rhoelzl

Post by rhoelzl »

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

Just checked it, and yes: If you change the background to white, everything looks perfect (even if the size is scaled down).

rhoelzl

Post by rhoelzl »

jacky wrote: 28 Dec 2009 11:42
buggynot wrote:1. Is there a way to get a shell context menu for the CURRENTLY OPEN folder? The problem is described in more detail here: http://www.windows7taskforce.com/view/3563
If there is currently no way to get such a shell context menu, good places to add it would be either when right-clicking a tab, or, as a toolbar button that opens the shell context menu as a drop down menu.
I think what you wanna do can be done through a tweak. Save your settings, then edit your INI file and search for CEA_ListRightClickOnWhite and set it to 1. Then restart XY without saving, and a right-click on empty area on List (i.e. not on any item) will show the shell context menu for the folder.
Hi,

it appears that this feature has disappeared with the new CEA update.

There is no option "Show current folder shell context menu" for the CEA "Right-click on white in file list".

It would be great if you could add this back.

Thank you very much!

highend

Post by highend »

"Pop up folder's context menu" is not the shell menu?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

rhoelzl

Post by rhoelzl »

highend wrote: 15 Jan 2021 20:06 "Pop up folder's context menu" is not the shell menu?
Argh, I missed that. Sorry about that, consider this issue closed. :whistle: