minimize to system tray

Features wanted...
Leopoldus

minimize to system tray

Post by Leopoldus »

Nobody uses a filemanager, neither Windows Explorer nor even TrackerV3 the whole time.
But closing the TrackerV3 has the result of loosing current state (opene folders, fonded files etc.). It would much better to minimize TrackerV3 into system tray instead of closing it at all.
In this case an user has a choice of three, not of two options only: to stay the app opened, to close it or to minimize it into system tray. And if somebody prefer not to overload his system tray, it would not a problem to make minimizing optionally via Configuration menu.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, i personally use it the whole time, but i can see your point.

Any second opinions on this out there?

Dana

Post by Dana »

When Im going back and forth between note pad , tracker, IE and my FTP program , it would be great to have the option to minimize the program to the tray.

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

Hi, Donald!
How is about minimizing to tray? You've promissed to think about it once more...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have you seen this?

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Providing minimising to the try is an option it's fine. I hate things in the try since it has enough bits in it (Battery level - vital on a laptop, Firewall, AV & all the "blocking" programs) that you have to be able to see the status of without adding anything else that is a running program.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Leopoldus wrote:You've promissed to think about it once more...
Hi, Leopoldus!
I'm thinking about it all the time, but the thinking did not change my mind. The systray will remain a Tracker-free zone... let's leave a little space for all those other file managers :lol:

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

OK, that's your right. I have no any other choise besides to use some systray manager, which eats some portion of memory...
(But I hope you change your mind somewhen in future. Indeed I'm shure that some time after it will be the standard of of any application to enable user optionally choose before taskbar and system tray.)

Manifold

Post by Manifold »

admin wrote:Well, i personally use it the whole time
How do you manage that? Do you edit the registries so that files are opened in TrackerV3 as default?

If so, could you teach me how, please. Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Manifold wrote:
admin wrote:Well, i personally use it the whole time
How do you manage that? Do you edit the registries so that files are opened in TrackerV3 as default?
No, that was meant to say that I never close TrackerV3, because I need it all the time and there is no reason to close it: it consumes very little RAM, does not leak a single bit of memory, and it does not build ever-growing caches as Explorer does (which is the reason why Explorer and actually the whole system gets slower and slower the longer Explorer is working, until you have to reboot).

Of course, that not-closing claim a bit theoretical in my case: in reality I have to close and reopen TrackerV3 all the time while developing it.

Manifold

Post by Manifold »

Is there a way to browse files with TrackerV3 in default? Instead of Windows Explorer.

Manifold

Post by Manifold »

In case it slipped your attention... :P. Check the above post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Whoops, I answered that one, but forgot to submit... :roll:
Anyway: I don't understand the question. What situation do you want to change? What's the problem?

Manifold

Post by Manifold »

I want to be able to browse all files with TrackerV3. So, when you double click on a folder, it won't open Windows Explorer, but TrackerV3.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Manifold wrote:...when you double click on a folder...
Double click where?