cached search results folder.

Features wanted...
tryforsure

cached search results folder.

Post by tryforsure »

Hi

I like the idea of the cached search results. but I use xyplorer in a portable installation.

An option to set the search cache directory would be good.

for instance if I could set the cache directory to %TEMP%\xyplorer, then all computer's where I used xyplorer would have their own cached search results.

probably ott.

admin
Site Admin

Re: cached search results folder.

Post by admin »

You can set the whole Application Data Path which also contains the cache data. See Help under "Application Data Path", paragraph "Setting the Application Data Path (ADP)".

I never used this kind of setup for a longer time, but it should work: you can set the ADP to %temp% like this in startup.ini:

Code: Select all

[Appdata]
Path=%temp%

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Except there is one major difference in moving the appdata to the temp folder of the running PC : you also send to that computer (and in a tmp folder at that) all your settings, KS, Catalog, etc !!
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:Except there is one major difference in moving the appdata to the temp folder of the running PC : you also send to that computer (and in a tmp folder at that) all your settings, KS, Catalog, etc !!
True.

When working from a USB stick on different computers, you could have different app data paths on your stick for each computer:

startup.ini

[Appdata]
Path=ComputerOne
or, better, via command line

XYplorer.exe /ini=ComputerOne\