Most used files/folders

Features wanted...
jcmn

Most used files/folders

Post by jcmn »

Hi

I don't know if this is possible, but I would like to have a window (or panel) where I could see most often used files/folders. By used folders I mean folders that you open in the list.

Most used would be, for files, number of times they are opened, for folders, number of times they are viewed in the list.

If my explanation is not clear please tell me.
If XYPlorer has actually any feature that can do this or similar I don't know.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Most used files/folders

Post by admin »

Yes, this is a nice feature. I have it on my lists since long. Eventually I'll do it.

jcmn

Post by jcmn »

I hope so you do it.
It would save a lot of work when you need to go to folders or files that you use often.
Favorites files or folders need to be chosen by user and we don't have always the same files and folders used.

For example Directory Opus uses what is called Smart Favorites although the configuration is somewhat unclear.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jcmn wrote:I hope so you do it.
It would save a lot of work when you need to go to folders or files that you use often.
Favorites files or folders need to be chosen by user and we don't have always the same files and folders used.

For example Directory Opus uses what is called Smart Favorites although the configuration is somewhat unclear.
It might be useful to define/select a period: "today's most used" might be different from "this week's most used", or "most used ever".

jcmn

Post by jcmn »

admin wrote:
jcmn wrote:I hope so you do it.

It might be useful to define/select a period: "today's most used" might be different from "this week's most used", or "most used ever".
Yes it 's perfect. I was not thinking on the definition of time periods, but they are necessary.

Luigi

Post by Luigi »

Any update on this?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Couldn't you wait at least 10 years before bumping? :mrgreen: