clickable paths

Features wanted...
casper

clickable paths

Post by casper »

I hope has the function clickable paths like xplorer².
look this page:http://www.zabkat.com/tour1.htm

Thanks

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: clickable paths

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Hi and welcome to the XY forums!

This was somewhat extensively discussed quite a while ago in http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1241&
so you may wish to read that thread and follow up there?

I'd also refer you to a portion of jacky's reply re clickable>Breadcrumbs in http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... ble#p13603
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually it will come together with Dual Pane! I have seen the way x2 does it, and it's hard to make it any better. My plan is to make it almost identical. Don't accuse me of stealing, it's a cool feature of x2 (and if he had it first: chapeau!), but the breadcrumb idea is now very common in software, and the two panes need a header bar anyway, so making it clickable is a quite small step for the mind.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Brilliant!!!

I'm not sure if scrollable lists (like T.C.) or side by side (like x²) are best. I think I prefer the T.C approach because it looks cleaner.

It will, I hope, have a keyboard command.

jjk

Post by jjk »

Actually it will come together with Dual Pane!
Yes !!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:Brilliant!!!

I'm not sure if scrollable lists (like T.C.) or side by side (like x²) are best. I think I prefer the T.C approach because it looks cleaner.

It will, I hope, have a keyboard command.
Hmm, I understand only the first of your three paragraphs. :)

scrollable lists? sure they are scrollable lists!

keyboard command? for what?

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

In T.C. if the list is large (root directory for example) then only part of it is shown and there are up / down arrows at the top / bottom. In x² all the directories are listed in a large side-by-side format.

In T.C. breadcrumbs are accessed via Alt+F11 (for active) and Alt+F12 (for inactive) panes. x² is, sadly, only mouse access.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:In T.C. if the list is large (root directory for example) then only part of it is shown and there are up / down arrows at the top / bottom. In x² all the directories are listed in a large side-by-side format.

In T.C. breadcrumbs are accessed via Alt+F11 (for active) and Alt+F12 (for inactive) panes. x² is, sadly, only mouse access.
Ok, you say "list" and mean "menu". :)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Gandolf wrote:In T.C. if the list is large (root directory for example) then only part of it is shown and there are up / down arrows at the top / bottom. In x² all the directories are listed in a large side-by-side format.
Since I've never used T.C., could you either provide a screenshot of this or a link to where one could be found? And ideally, a similar one for x2? So that others can have a idea of what you're referring to...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

JustinF

Post by JustinF »

Speaking of clickable paths/breadcrumbs -- Vista has a pretty nice way of doing it where you can navigate from the breadcrumb via a drop down list of folders....well, we've all either used Vista or seen the screenshots, right? Is there any way something like that can be implemented?
Justin
Windows 7 Professional

serendipity

Post by serendipity »

JustinF wrote:Speaking of clickable paths/breadcrumbs -- Vista has a pretty nice way of doing it where you can navigate from the breadcrumb via a drop down list of folders....well, we've all either used Vista or seen the screenshots, right? Is there any way something like that can be implemented?
I agree, thats the ONLY good thing about Vista's explorer.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

JustinF wrote:....well, we've all either used Vista or seen the screenshots, right?
:( Nope! Neither here! Got a link for the deprived among us?

zer0

Post by zer0 »

j_c_hallgren wrote::( Nope! Neither here! Got a link for the deprived among us?
zer0 to the rescue!
explorer.png
explorer.png (78.6 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
...and if you click on that folder icon at the beginning of the address bar it will turn it into what XY's current address bar is. Click away from it to go back to Vista's default state.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

mwb1100

Post by mwb1100 »

zer0 wrote:...and if you click on that folder icon at the beginning of the address bar it will turn it into what XY's current address bar is. Click away from it to go back to Vista's default state.
I didn't kow about that behavior of clicking on the folder icon. I've always clicked on whitespace past the end of the path (which gives the same behavior). The folder icon as a click target seems nicer (a more 'concrete' click target). On the other hand, the whitespace beyond the end of the path is usually a larger target...

JustinF

Post by JustinF »

zer0 wrote:
j_c_hallgren wrote::( Nope! Neither here! Got a link for the deprived among us?
zer0 to the rescue!
Thanks zer0. Perfect shot! The cool thing is that you can click on an arrow on any one of the folders to get a sub-directory listing (for example, Local Disk (C:) and Computer in zer0's screenshot)
zer0 wrote:...and if you click on that folder icon at the beginning of the address bar it will turn it into what XY's current address bar is. Click away from it to go back to Vista's default state.
I didn't know about that, I've always clicked the whitespace at the end...thanks. Of course I rarely use WE, but still, thanks!
Justin
Windows 7 Professional