Changes to License Display

Features wanted...
GreetingsFromPoland

Changes to License Display

Post by GreetingsFromPoland »

hi! it isn't too uncommon for users to post screenshots of their about box and show their full license information. i've also seen INI uploaded with the same information. would it be possible to make some changes to the display of the licensing ?

for example, in the About box, obfuscate the data by default and have a "reveal" button on the box. this reveal button would require 3 clicks to "unlock" the display of the license. or remove the information completely and replace with a noticeable "Registered" banner of some sort.

in the INI file, which i assume is where the about box gets the data, can you encrypt the data ? i don't think hashing would work here since it's one-way. i know it's not good practice to encrypt the data and store the key inside the software (which i would assume would be needed here), but it may be better than having it 100% plaintext.

maybe there are real security experts (of which i am not) here that can offer advice. i just thinking there could be a "safer" way to store and display this information.

does anyone else have ideas about this ?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Changes to License Display

Post by admin »

The data in the About box is (part-)obfuscated already. Other than that I don't have problems with the way it is.