Tag List Icon Support

Features wanted...
pleiades

Tag List Icon Support

Post by pleiades »

Hello,

Would it be possible to add icons on tags? This feature is similar to the Customize File Icons but for tags. The Tag List could have another column for the source of the icon of the tags. In viewing the tags the user can cycle through an iconized tag or tags without icons.

I found this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21084&p=173862&hili ... gs#p173862 but it would be awesome to have this as a feature. XYplorer would have default built in icons for tags and the user can customize it with their own icon sets.

I also think that tags and labels should be move under the Tools menu and not just under the List Management. The first reason is that because the implementation of the feature is amazing, and secondly there are only few file managers in Windows that has this feature. Even windows' own file manager does not have this.

cheers

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tag List Icon Support

Post by admin »

Currently Tags are mainly meant for filtering, searching and sorting, so they can be purely textual. Icons would extend that to a visual usage. But I'm not sure how well it would work. If many files have many tags, your visual brain would drown in an ocean of icons.