More flexible font support

Features wanted...
DeeLight

More flexible font support

Post by DeeLight »

Would really like the ability to specify the "normal" & "bold" version of fonts for "Main Content"

I'm currently using "Signika" for the Main Content (font looks amazing at high dpi and had fixed wight numbers...). But I'm using "Signika Light" variant. Everything that is displayed as bold is "generated". Would if be possible to specify something like "Signika Light" as "Normal" and "Signika SemiBold" for the "Bold" version? Interface or .INI.

signika.PNG
signika.PNG (42.67 KiB) Viewed 810 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: More flexible font support

Post by admin »

Possible, but not easy. Where in the list do you have bold font anyway? AFAIK it happens only in the information bars.

DeeLight

Post by DeeLight »

Not sure what you mean by information bars... but at a quick glance, I see it used for: Current Tab, Breadcrumbs and Bookmarked Folders in the Tree (I have quite a few).

If it wasn't using a generated Bold version of the Light version for bold text I would also use that font for "Buttons and Labels".

And, if an entry in the .ini would make is easy (or easier), I'll take it! :biggrin:

[Font]
Name=Selawik Light
;[...]
BoldAltName=Selawik SemiBold
BoldAltBold=0
; or
BoldAltName=Selawik
BoldAltBold=1

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's an interesting wish, but fraught with problems when it comes to realizing it. Something for the winter...

DeeLight

Post by DeeLight »

Thanks for the consideration, but... keep it for a long and boring winter :biggrin:

It wasn't that complicated to change the font names using FontForge...

Signika Light -> Signika UI
Signika SemiBold -> Signika UI Bold

Problem solved :)

(P.S. I have no idea why I wrote Selawik in one of the posts lol)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cool. :tup:

While you were thinking about a long and boring winter, you probably dreamed about the Selawik hot springs... :)