Information about Ghost Filter items hidden from Search Results

Features wanted...
elqasar2

Information about Ghost Filter items hidden from Search Results

Post by elqasar2 »

I spent several minutes today trying to figure out why some hidden files starting with a dot (.) couldn't be found when doing Find Files in XYplorer. Eventually I figured out that I was seeing nothing in the Search Results tab because I had an active Ghost Filter filtering out items starting with a dot.

In normal file views in the List, I see an indication in the status bar telling me how many items have been hidden by Ghost Filter and Hide Operating System Files.

But unfortunately in the Search Results view this indicator is not shown. Please could it be added? That would have saved me some time and confusion today.

highend

Re: Information about Ghost Filter items hidden from Search Results

Post by highend »

3.png
3.png (99.71 KiB) Viewed 309 times
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

elqasar2

Re: Information about Ghost Filter items hidden from Search Results

Post by elqasar2 »

Something weird is going on. I had tried it multiple times with the deep folder structure I was searching on earlier today, and even after I specifically looked at the status bar I saw no indication of invisible files. I was doing a search based only on the hidden attribute which was set on a few files starting with a dot.

I've tried to reproduce it now in a new test folder where I've created a new file starting with a dot and made it hidden. But now I'm seeing an indication in the status bar.

However, there is a different issue now in that the information being shown is wrong.

With the Ghost Filter enabled (for files starting with a dot), when I search for all files with the hidden attribute set, I get 'found: 0 items', which is expected. But when I hover over that text the tooltip says '9 items hidden by Ghost Filter', which is unexpected because I know of only 1 item being hidden by the Ghost Filter.

When I then disable the Ghost Filter, I see my 1 file in the list and the status bar updates to show 'found: 1 item', and then there is no longer any tooltip about anything being hidden.

So what are those 8 other items that XYplorer is saying are hidden by the Ghost Filter? They're not Protected Operating System Files either -- turning that setting on/off makes no difference in this folder I'm testing in, because it has none of those.