Multi Select Menus

Features wanted...
Evolve

Multi Select Menus

Post by Evolve »

There are two types of menu options: toggles (that can be ticked/unticked) and non-toggles.
When I activate any option, the menu disappears. But sometimes I need to switch multiple toggles at once or just want to switch it back immediately when I don't like the change. This can be especially annoying with sub-menus. Imagine you feel like experimenting with Arrangement.
WindowArrangement.png
WindowArrangement.png (24.16 KiB) Viewed 241 times
The experience would be much smoother if you could tick an option, see whether you like it or not, untick it back and try another one without having to every single time reopen Windows menu and Arrangement sub-menu, then try and remember what you just ticked, find it...

Is it possible to make either Shift+LMB or Ctrl+LMB or even Middle-Click switch the toggle but keep the menu open?

This should obviously only preserve the menu on the toggle options. If you try and Shift+Click the non-toggle options, it should work as a normal click without Shift (the menu disappears).
Also, currently unticked toggles should be marked similarly to the ticked ones to give a visual feedback so that you know you can Shift-Click them (optionally these empty check boxes could only show up when you're holding Shift but this is probably impossible).

PS. Another way is to make shift-click do nothing on the non-toggle options (no activation and no menu closing). This way you don't need to mark the unticked options at all, you can always try and shift-click anything and if it's a toggle it will switch and if it's not, you can just try the next one.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Multi Select Menus

Post by admin »

No chance. These menus are Windows controls and I have to obey to their rules. :\