per Tab/Pane "Folder Size" Toggle?

Features wanted...
TGE

per Tab/Pane "Folder Size" Toggle?

Post by TGE »

I like having "Folder Size" available to populate the size column for folders in XYplorer, but I think in many cases it may be advantageous to have more localized control. I have some directories which take considerable time loading up the folder sizes having very many sub-folders. It would be nice to at least be able to default some directories "folder size" disabled by default for faster navigation. I have yet to find more than a global on/off for "folder size" as yet. I am however far from an expert, and may be missing something.

I would hazard that having a tab/pane defaulted to off status for "folder size" would be preferable in most cases for swift navigation. Sometimes I want to switch it on even for my massive directories. Then however, I all too often forget it's on, and navigate to one of those directories. I am then left twiddling my thumbs waiting for for all the folder sizes to load before I can do anything else with XYplorer.

admin
Site Admin

Re: per Tab/Pane "Folder Size" Toggle?

Post by admin »

It's already possible: "Show Folder Sizes" is part of the list styles (Tools | Customize List | Show Folder Sizes), and list styles can be controlled by Folder View Settings (View | Folder View Settings | Enable Folder View Settings) which can be assigned to specific folders of your choice.