Wish: option to treat files/dirs that begin with '.' as if they had hidden attribute set

Features wanted...
mwb1100

Wish: option to treat files/dirs that begin with '.' as if they had hidden attribute set

Post by mwb1100 »

I'd like to ask that XY have an option to treat files/dirs that begin with '.' as if they had hidden attribute set.

I'm sure that most people know that by convention on *nix systems files and directories that begin with '.' are treated as hidden files.

I have to deal with both Linux and Windows systems so I end up with files that begin with '.' on my Win10 system, but they often don't have the hidden attribute set. I'd like XY to behave as if they do.

I'm aware of the Ghost Filter - and that the default setting is '.*' - but the ghost filter and the "show hidden files" option behave slightly differently. I think it would be less confusing (to me anyway) to have the show hidden files setting control the visibility of these things exactly the same as if they had the hidden attribute. For one thing, ghosted files are hidden when the ghost filter is turned ON, while files with the hidden attribute are hidden when the "show hidden files" setting is turned OFF.

Kyle

Re: Wish: option to treat files/dirs that begin with '.' as if they had hidden attribute set

Post by Kyle »

How about a script in a custom toolbar button to change both at the same time?

Code: Select all

#493;$h=get("#493");if(!($h xor get("#497"))){#497;}ctbstate($h);

admin
Site Admin

Re: Wish: option to treat files/dirs that begin with '.' as if they had hidden attribute set

Post by admin »

Not many people would use it, but it would slow down (a little, but still) the app for all people.