Color Filter Style Switch - Bold Text

Features wanted...
VeeGee

Color Filter Style Switch - Bold Text

Post by VeeGee »

Good evening,
Is it possible to add support for bold text in the Color Filter Style Switches (F1 - Main Topics - Color Filters - Style Switches) ?
For example, if there was a switch for it, the "Convert" and "incomplete" folders would be easier to see/read :
Image-007.png
Image-007.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 1687 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Color Filter Style Switch - Bold Text

Post by admin »

No. I avoid bold in the file list because it requires an extra width calculation that takes valuable time.

VeeGee

Post by VeeGee »

Having the option to bold any text based on a filter, selected, active in the tree, etc. would be extremely helpful. Is there any better way for you to implement this w/o the extra calculation(s) ? Seriously, has there been anything that you haven't been able to get working in XY :D Even being enabled as an experimental tweak.

XY has come so far with different color options, dark mode, all types of configurations, etc. and the ability to apply the basic font alterations would be very welcomed.

vincolus

Post by vincolus »

VeeGee wrote: 30 May 2022 13:09 Having the option to bold any text based on a filter, selected, active in the tree, etc. would be extremely helpful. Is there any better way for you to implement this w/o the extra calculation(s) ? Seriously, has there been anything that you haven't been able to get working in XY :D Even being enabled as an experimental tweak.

XY has come so far with different color options, dark mode, all types of configurations, etc. and the ability to apply the basic font alterations would be very welcomed.
Hi there. I subscribed to this thread, because I am also interested in having more distinguishable styles and I think, for a start, it would be great to have the option to choose between different monospaced fonts. That way no extra width calculations would be needed, while the monospaced font could be light, bold, italic and what-not.
Here's an example of such a font: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Anony ... ce&width=8

Second way I could think of is always calculating with the "widest" font, so fonts that are more narrow are guaranteed to have space. Make it an optional, experimental setting for users who dont care about pixel-perfection, but more about power.