[Feature Request]Ctrl+Wheel to cycle through the available view modes

Features wanted...
l6lc

[Feature Request]Ctrl+Wheel to cycle through the available view modes

Post by l6lc »

These days I've tried some alternatives for the Windows Explorer. I feel XY is almost perfect, however, unlike Windows Explorer on Windows 10, Ctrl+Wheel could not be defined as a shortkey to change view modes, such Details, Thumbnails, etc, referring to an old topic viewtopic.php?t=3686.

As an architect, it's very important to quickly shift from one view mode to another, since there are various type of files including lots of images. If this feature could be on the way, I would not be hesitate to buy one permanent license and recommend XY to my workmates.

admin
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request]Ctrl+Wheel to cycle through the available view modes

Post by admin »

This won't be a nice experience when moving through the various views with thumbnails (6 out of 10). Instead of cycling through the views you can quickly select them via the menu, or by keyboard shortcuts, or by catalog entries.

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

I like this explorer behaviour as well - in fact it shines because of multiple thumbnail views - where control wheeling zooms in and out. The Ctrl+wheel changing font size is annoying. Personal preferences.

Norn

Post by Norn »

I also didn't use Ctrl+Wheel to change font size...but it's useful on the Toolbar.
Attachments
CKS.png
CKS.png (32.21 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Win10, Win11 @100% 2560x1440 22H2