IMPROVED Search Data Handling

Features wanted...
iaseac

Post by iaseac »

This is a quite common error that I meet in this sequence:
1. Do an F3 search. Typically, an entire drive or many folders. Searches are instant!
2. Select items found Ctrl+ A
3. Move #220 (Edit> Move to)
4. The display stays static – as if the intended move did not take place.
5. Do another Ctrl+ A
6 XYP error screen – attached “Move 0 Items Now?” So, the move did take place.
Also look in the upper left corner of the selected images and see the check marks.
ETC.… Lots of mental confusion and so on...

What is actually taken place is that the search takes less than 5 sec (fully indexed).
Selecting all or a few items – and moving them by whatever means is instant. How do we know that – a mouse over with the Hover Box will tell you that it no longer exists in the ‘search’ items(it was sent to the destination that you chose.)

Because the Hover Box knows the status of all items – Why should we not have this posted on each image of the search that moved. MOVED and then the path under it D:\... the last say 10 letters of path. The drive at the front.

It could also be that items were deleted – this is the simple case DELETED will be the text and no path needed.

This is important to anyone that maintain a database. One clever search may result in a number of ‘moves’ and ‘deletions.’ I was first thinking that the ‘search’ items should update etc. This could be a problem to those of us that are multi-tasking. The above would be far clearer to everyone and those that try to debug things – I dare say.
I have attached the Configuration>Information>File Info & Hover Box – in case you have not had the time to get it to work with your setup. Or like to compare.
If you are in favor of this or something even better – let it be known – so priority can be given.
Attachments
Hover Box  21-11-25_28558.jpg
Hover Box 21-11-25_28558.jpg (678.52 KiB) Viewed 3721 times