SC pathvirtual request

Features wanted...
jupe

SC pathvirtual request

Post by jupe »

Do you think you could add another flag to gpc to also return virtual paths from an absolute? It is a little scripting intensive to do it manually, because some people have for instance Downloads folder enabled in 1st child of This PC, and others may have it only listed under %user%\Downloads, so is that something you could account for, going off the enabled options in "Items in Tree and List" config, first match wins, else absolute path?

admin
Site Admin

Re: CEA "Middle-click on folder" breaks selection in Locked Tree

Post by admin »

Yep, I'll add something.

jupe

Post by jupe »

I'm hesitant to bump this topic with this post since I have dragged it off topic, but anyway thanks for adding pathvirtual(), but it doesn't quite work as I'd hoped, eg. I have "Downloads" disabled from the tree, but unless I am already in the virtual hierarchy, it returns "Downloads" instead of what I would prefer (and expect) "user\Downloads".

Example usecase: perform quicksearch, get results with absolute path, I am in c:\test when search invoked, pathvirtual($searchresult, 1) will return a non-existent tree path "Downloads\file.ext", (going to that file via goto does redirect back to the absolute path though which is a nice fallback.)

As it is now, pathvirtual nearly just replicates what could have been ascertained via dissecting <curpath_s>, so is there chance to make it better for when you aren't already in the virtual hierarchy?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So, you want it to check whether Downloads exists in the tree? I can add that with another flag, or maybe it should even be the default behavior.

jupe

SC pathvirtual request

Post by jupe »

Yeah that's what I meant, I think I explained it ok in my initial post as to how I thought it might work, its obviously up to you whether to change it, but as mentioned, currently it returns virtual paths that don't exist in the tree, not sure how useful that is.

PS: I split the topic, I had done enough off topic damage.

admin
Site Admin

Re: SC pathvirtual request

Post by admin »

What if <User> does not exist in the tree either?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Then absolute is returned. eg. returned in this order:

Downloads
User\Downloads
?:\absolute.....

Which is the order they are in the tree and config.

jupe

Post by jupe »

Thanks, this works as I envisioned in 22.50.0100 and will come in handy. :beer: