Config Color Filters - Hide disabled / Instant Color Filters Config

Features wanted...
Millzey

Config Color Filters - Hide disabled / Instant Color Filters Config

Post by Millzey »

I have a zillion color filters defined, many many that are always on, some I use rarely by enabling disabling briefly, some I might need one day in the future, some were tests that may not even work, and there might even be a few duplicates.

If there was a way to visually filter out disabled ones it would be a good start to managing by mess and making the most of the feature. I'd even like to see this idea expanded on with a filter box, highlight invalid entries, and a box to paste a few lines of items (fullpath/name) to test filters as you attempt to create/modify them, without having to open close the config dialog frequenly.

Also for Instant Color filters, I wish it had the same way to configure BG and FG colors with a button/picker. But I like being able to copy/paste color hex, and wouldnt want it removed, and also have hex displayed for copy/page for global color filters.

If Global and Instant color filters shared a config screen all these options could be the same for both, also allowing consolidation of filters between the two features, like when a rarely used global filter should just be in instant instead.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Config Color Filters - Hide disabled / Instant Color Filters Config

Post by admin »

F8 is your friend. It might be time to document this trick:

Code: Select all

v21.10.0037 - 2020-10-05 19:22
    + Small List with Checkboxes: Here's a new little power user trick. Press F8 
      in the list (or in the Filter Box if there is one) to filter the list by 
      the checked state of the items. It cycles three states:
        - Show only checked
        - Show only unchecked
        - Show all
      [UNDOC]