Dual pane - reduce width of address bar dropdown box?

Features wanted...
zoso69

Dual pane - reduce width of address bar dropdown box?

Post by zoso69 »

Hi - I have the dual pane setup and the width of the address bar is the full width of both panes.

Is there a way of reducing the width of the dropdown to just one pane please?

I saw a post from about 7 years ago on reducing the width with a script solution and I tried it without success (I'm a code noob).

Thank you!

Horst

Re: Dual pane - reduce with of address bar dropdown box?

Post by Horst »

And what would be the benefit of a shorter address bar ?
There is no gain in screen space.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1372a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73

highend

Post by highend »

I guess less mouse travelling?

And it doesn't matter if you move the drop-down arrow to the left of the ab, from the right pane, you still have a long way to go...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jupe

Post by jupe »

You could combine toolbar and addressbar on one line and additionally you could even use the swap panes CEA to swap the addressbar from left to right hand side depending on active pane, if that was something you were interested in.

Window | Arrangement | Address Bar and Toolbar Stacked

zoso69

Post by zoso69 »

@horst: not very helpful. highend is right. I have a 49 inch monitor.

@jupe: thanks for your constructive suggestion: "You could combine toolbar and addressbar on one line". However, my config is Window | Arrangement | Address Bar and Toolbar Stacked already. I've tried dragging the address and toolbar and neither will move. I'm guessing the toolbars are locked but I don't see an option in the config or context menus to lock or unlock either.

jupe

Post by jupe »

zoso69 wrote: 06 Nov 2021 22:07 @jupe: thanks for your constructive suggestion: "You could combine toolbar and addressbar on one line". However, my config is Window | Arrangement | Address Bar and Toolbar Stacked already.
Didn't see your later edit until now, anyway you would want to disable that option, not enable it, if that wasn't clear. Then optionally you can also use the setting underneath in that menu "Toolbar First" to swap the address bar from the right to the left, whichever you prefer.

autocart

Post by autocart »

And as jupe had already pointed out here: viewtopic.php?p=186515#p186515 you can also adjust the width of the AB then.

zoso69

Re: Dual pane - reduce width of address bar dropdown box?

Post by zoso69 »

@jupe - many thanks, I'd incorrectly assumed it needed to be stacked - but then my brain switched on and the definition of 'stacked' hit home and of course it must be 'unstacked' :D

@autocart - thanks to you too, I don't know why my search didn't reveal that page, but it's a carbon copy of my query, with the solution.

Edit - resolved with jupe's solution and increasing icon size to extra large!

Thanks again to both of you!