DragNDrop Context Menu?

Features wanted...
admin
Site Admin

Re: DragNDrop Context Menu?

Post by admin »

John,

What's so great about full row select? You can't drag-select anymore when you have full row select...

Don

John Bee

Post by John Bee »

admin wrote:John,

What's so great about full row select? You can't drag-select anymore when you have full row select...

Don
Hi

Well, with full row select, you can select the listview entry anywhere on the line, instead of having to move the mouse cursor directly over the filename.

Not a huge thing, if I had a choice of full row select or gridview(alternate colors) I would take gridview.

By the way, I found the problem with the missing scrollwheel problem.

If I left click on a file(s)/folder(s) in the listview and drag them over to a folder in the treeview, once the operation is finished, I lose my scrollwheel in Tracker. It no longer functions at all. If I left click in the treeview still no scrollwheel function. However if I left click back in the listview, scrollwheel now works again, not only in the listview but also the treeview as well.

John

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John Bee wrote:By the way, I found the problem with the missing scrollwheel...
Not so here, I never lost the wheel since years. Hard to say what's causing the problem you describe.

Find grid (I changed my mind about the style) and full row select in the new BETA. :)

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

admin wrote:Find grid (I changed my mind about the style) and full row select in the new BETA. :)
Nice add-ons, I like both of them.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

John Bee

Post by John Bee »

admin wrote:
John Bee wrote:By the way, I found the problem with the missing scrollwheel...
Not so here, I never lost the wheel since years. Hard to say what's causing the problem you describe.

Find grid (I changed my mind about the style) and full row select in the new BETA. :)
Hi

Just super, works and looks great. Much easier on these old eyes! Thanks.

About the scrollwheel, I went back to the earliest version of tracker I have and it does the same thing with losing the scrollwheel. TrackerV3 is the only program that does this.

Maybe it has something to do with your custom components and how they handle the mouse drivers implementation of its scrollwheel. I have an A4 Tech optical scrollwheel mouse.

John

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

John Bee wrote: Maybe it has something to do with your custom components and how they handle the mouse drivers implementation of its scrollwheel. I have an A4 Tech optical scrollwheel mouse.
I don't use any custom components but Windows built-in support for the WM_MOUSEWHEEL message.
Can you wheel lists that do NOT have the input focus? (I can)

John Bee

Post by John Bee »

admin wrote:
John Bee wrote: Maybe it has something to do with your custom components and how they handle the mouse drivers implementation of its scrollwheel. I have an A4 Tech optical scrollwheel mouse.
I don't use any custom components but Windows built-in support for the WM_MOUSEWHEEL message.
Can you wheel lists that do NOT have the input focus? (I can)
Hi

Yes, that is one of the nice things of this mouse. You do not need to click in the list/listview/treeview to start scrolling in it.

New info: If I right-click and copy/move from listview to treeview, I *do not* lose the scrollwheel. Only if I left click!

John

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I tried hard and finally could reproduce it, and then fix it, of course. Weird how user reports seem to create bugs that never existed before... :wink:
Try the next BETA...

John Bee

Post by John Bee »

admin wrote:I tried hard and finally could reproduce it, and then fix it, of course. Weird how user reports seem to create bugs that never existed before... :wink:
Try the next BETA...
Hi

Ha, sorry to be so much trouble :wink: (Only kidding)

You just don't put your program thru the things we users do. :) Gotta love obscure bugs!

John

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

admin wrote:Find grid (I changed my mind about the style) and full row select in the new BETA. :)
Probably just one more thing to change for "Full row select".
If you have it on and select a file in list view, only the text of the file name is inverted, so you can still see its content with the highlited background. The rest of the information is blanked out by the selection highlite.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RalphM wrote:Probably just one more thing to change for "Full row select".
If you have it on and select a file in list view, only the text of the file name is inverted...
Oh, I forgot that... thanks!

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

admin wrote:... 2. grid... I find a grid rather ugly. What about odd row white, even row light gray?
admin wrote:... Find grid (I changed my mind about the style)...
Grid style is not bad indeed. Thank you.
But IMHO your first idea about rows color interlacing was even better. Why you've refused it? Some technical difficulties?
Surely this is a question of personal taste, but could you add the both grids and colors interleaving to configuration menu?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Grid was more easy. No time for the less easy...

rod147

Post by rod147 »

[quote="admin"]Grid was more easy. No time for the less easy...[/quote]

I'm still in two minds wether I like the grid view, could we perhaps have alternate grid lines (i.e. one grid line per two rows), and/or a configurable grid line colour?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, I also find the grid a bit hard on the eyes. The next BETA version will give you alternate row colors instead of grid lines. See if you like it better. I do.