I hope to display the audio waveform

Features wanted...
callmeleon

I hope to display the audio waveform

Post by callmeleon »

I am a sound designer and I am very excited to find such a software. Quick search and Show Preview Pane are very convenient for me. But when I preview the audio, I hope to display the audio waveform so that I can quickly view the general content of the audio. Secondly, in the mouse After clicking auto play, I want to press the space bar to pause, and now it’s replay, unless I click the small pause button in the lower left corner. These are some of my suggestions. I hope to give you some inspiration. Thank you very much. I will always support you!
Attachments
9..png
9..png (204.97 KiB) Viewed 1838 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: I hope to display the audio waveform

Post by admin »

1) I don't know of a fast enough way to display the wave form. Maybe there is some preview handler out there that can do it?

2) Space = Pause/Restart in XY. Where exactly doesn't it work like this?
PS 1: Now I seem to see what you mean: The audio playback in the Status Bar (when the Preview Pane is open), right? Indeed, this is not functioning as it should. I'll look into it...

PS 2: The next beta will bring some improvements to point 2.

callmeleon

Post by callmeleon »

admin wrote: 15 Sep 2021 14:12 1) I don't know of a fast enough way to display the wave form. Maybe there is some preview handler out there that can do it?

2) Space = Pause/Restart in XY. Where exactly doesn't it work like this?
PS 1: Now I seem to see what you mean: The audio playback in the Status Bar (when the Preview Pane is open), right? Indeed, this is not functioning as it should. I'll look into it...

PS 2: The next beta will bring some improvements to point 2.
Thank you for your patience to answer, let me talk in more detail:
Now I will perform Quick search (F3) with the Show Preview Pane (Ctrl+F11) turned on. It can easily search for the results I want and click to play them, which is great! I hope this time:

1) After selecting an audio, I hope to have a preview window of an audio waveform as shown in the figure. Click any position of the waveform to jump to the corresponding position to play.

2) Click the space bar to pause the playback, and press the space bar again to restart the playback.
Thank you very much for your patient answers, I am looking forward to the next beta version~

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1) I'd love to display a waveform, but as I said, I don't know of a way to do it fast enough.

2) It will come, even better than you think...

Which file type is that? WAV?

callmeleon

Post by callmeleon »

admin wrote: 16 Sep 2021 08:44 1) I'd love to display a waveform, but as I said, I don't know of a way to do it fast enough.

2) It will come, even better than you think...

Which file type is that? WAV?
Yes, it is a WAV file, it would be best if it supports more mainstream audio formats. I’m really excited about the new features! Thank you~