Opening lists one by one automaticaly

Features wanted...
zakhar

Opening lists one by one automaticaly

Post by zakhar »

Hello, dear XYplorer Community!

XYplorer has very many list to be reached under "Tools / List Management" and it is very good.
If I want to clear the content of some lists I must open each list separately by
using the menu entries each time for each list.
This takes time and makes me moving mouse to much. ( :kidding: , lazy)

What I would like to have is a separated procedure, that opens the lists one by one, showing me the list entries
so that I can redact each list (and decide, if I clear this list or not).
And I think this procedure could show the [date and time of change] for each list,
so, seeing the date, I can skip checking the list as I know, that this list was not changed now by my mistake.
After I am ready to go to the next list I click "Next List" button an the procedure continues.

Why am I asking this:
I have set up XYplorer not to save settings on exit. But some times I save settings by mistake and begun to search
for data that are now or could be now saved in this many lists...

Edit:

Or there could be a window showing the time and date of change for each list
(with a button nearby leading to the list),
so that I must only check the lists, that were changed a short time ago.

highend

Re: Opening lists one by one automaticaly

Post by highend »

1. There is no option to do this because there doesn't exist any date for a specific list when it was last saved because they all reside in the XYplorer.ini file
2. You could easily script that (displaying a dialog where you can check all lists you want to see by using their command id)...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

zakhar

Post by zakhar »

highend wrote: 05 Sep 2021 21:33 2. You could easily script that (displaying a dialog where you can check all lists you want to see by using their command id)...
Ou!
Yes, you are right, highend.
Thank you for this suggestion!
Must do it now.

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

You may want to take a look at the ListManagementHouseCleaning script here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13948. There's no dates or times associated with each list but it can certainly save you time clearing or deleting lists.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

zakhar

Post by zakhar »

klownboy wrote: 05 Sep 2021 23:00 ListManagementHouseCleaning
Thank you, klownboy, for your hint !
You have build a powerful script, that is much more than what I need now.
For now I created a simple linear structure with notes placed directly in the script.
These are the first flat lines of my script:

Code: Select all

msg "Open the first list?<crlf><crlf>This is the list 1/36<crlf><crlf>On 06.09.2021 this list has NO entries.",1+32;
 #611; // Address Bar & Go to
  msg "Open next list?<crlf><crlf>The next list is 2/36<crlf><crlf>On 06.09.2021 this list has many entries.",1+32;
 #614; // Custom File Associations
  msg "Open next list?<crlf><crlf>The next list is 3/36<crlf><crlf>On 06.09.2021 this list has many entries.",1+32;
 #653; // Custom File Icons