Tabset additional features

Features wanted...
Linkeree

Tabset additional features

Post by Linkeree »

Two things I'd like to have in Tabsets menu:

1. Add opened tabs in active pane to ... (Selected Tabset).
2. Undo/Restore just closed Tabset (Sometimes I open another tabset or revert tabset by accident in the wrong pane while working with 2 panes. And it would be a pain, and not always feasible, to save certain tabset state many times).

Thanks.

RalphM

Re: Tabset additional features

Post by RalphM »

These are very specific wishes that might be better scripted than put into a standard menu.
1. Might need a definition of where you want to add them in an existing tabset and if there are more than one, are they all be added in the same spot?
2. With "Auto-save tabsets on switch" unticked, you keep full control when a tabset gets saved.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Linkeree

Post by Linkeree »

1. I may start work with a new workspace (Tabset) or from previously saved Tabset. Later on I end up with opened tabs that I'd like to add into another existing Tabset. Right now, if I want to do it, I have to open 2 panes, where one will be the existing target Tabset. Then move the tabs to the target pane, and save (update) the existing target Tabset.

So the feature will allow me to add directly opened tabs in a pane into an existing Tabset by selecting the Target from list of existing Tabsets.

2. I don't use Auto-save, because I open and close tabs in a pane and I don't want to auto-save these changes in the Tabset. But sometimes I need to restore/undo closed tabs (mostly by accident).
Or maybe I don't fully understand the way Auto-save works.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FYI, currently I'm not working on the tabset feature. Too many other things on my list.