Folder Sections

Features wanted...
vmlb

Folder Sections

Post by vmlb »

I would love to able to divide a folder into sections to better organize and display files. These sections could be created automatically according to filter rules or they could just be created with no rules and contain files dragged and dropped there. I like to think of it as a visual tool: the area in which files are displayed would be divided by simple lines, with the section's name on top of it. It would also be great to set the rules which would create these sections on a parent folder and make it available for all of its child's folders.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Folder Sections

Post by admin »

Do you mean what Explorer calls "groups"?

vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Thanks for your answer. I presume you're referring to the "Folder View Settings" on the "View Menu", is that correct? Well, I didn't know that this option existed and this is what I was looking for, except for one thing: I'd love to have a line (or any other visual element) separating the elements in the folder. Anyway, the feature was what I was looking for. XYPlorer is GREAT !!!

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, that was not what I meant. But apparently it helped. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure where you want those lines. Can you show it in a screenshot?

vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Hey, thanks for your answer and sorry for my late response (only saw it now). Here's what I was talking about. Have a great day.
Attachments
demonstration.png
demonstration.png (87.17 KiB) Viewed 950 times

CompSystems

Post by CompSystems »

I like the idea type sections, and in each group add a vertical navigation bar so that it is only explored by sectors and not as a whole.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, frankly I'm not so enthusiastic about this idea. Thanks anyway. :)