Custom Copy multithreading multivolume verification

Features wanted...
thecon

Custom Copy multithreading multivolume verification

Post by thecon »

Hi!

It would be cool if custom copy's verification employed multithreading for verifying files on different volumes. Perhaps with an option to turn it on and off.

That way, the file is copied, then one thread verifies the file from the 1st volume, and the second thread verifies the file from the 2nd volume, all in parallel. When both verification threads finish, they compare their outcome.

As it is right now, the file copies, then a verification in done on the first file, and when it finishes, verification is done on the destination file.

With my idea, copying with verification would become faster. Of course, for same-volume copying, multithreading verification is not expected to have any gains.

Cheers!

RalphM

Re: Custom Copy multithreading multivolume verification

Post by RalphM »

Unfortunately one of the limitations of VB6 is that there is no multi-threading available (correct me if I'm wrong here) thus such idea would require to incorporate yet another helper exe to hand this job off to.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

highend

Post by highend »

XYcopy is written in VB6 (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a2a ... 38/details)
and it's correct, no multithreading supported...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

thecon

Post by thecon »

Understandable. Thanks!