Option to have tree view per split pane instead of only one that affects both

Features wanted...
Delphine

Re: Option to have tree view per split pane instead of only one that affects both

Post by Delphine »

eil wrote: 01 Jun 2021 13:10 needs of some fictitious majority.

Delphine

Re: Option to have tree view per split pane instead of only one that affects both

Post by Delphine »

eil wrote: 01 Jun 2021 13:10 trying to present own needs as needs of some fictitious majority.
Funny. Could you specify your sources and provide us with verifiable data? The notion of "fictitious majority" seems to me to be biased ... or partisan.

eil

Post by eil »

Delphine wrote: 02 Jun 2021 21:21Could you specify your sources and provide us with verifiable data?
sure, right after you provide smth more than own talks and read some logic book to stop stepping on own tail. :wink:
besides i've being using XY for almost 10 years and actively watching development here on forum, so i kinda know how second tree was wished from time to time.
but it's not a place for dispute(which you're trying to start with already second person), so as i said please just chill and maybe some day that second tree will be added.
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

You may want to check out Sammay Sarkar's Sticky Tree script here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20154. It's throwing syntax errors if you have Syntax Checking on, but it's a great script. The idea being: "it makes the tree panel follow the active pane -- an alternative to dual trees". I may ask Sammay in that thread to recompile the exec correcting the syntax. The errors are basically just for unquoted SetLayout("ShowAddressbar=0") or SetLayout("ShowAddressbar=1"), but they're in the compiled autoit exec. I tried to recompile, I but did not have some of the additional au3 files needed.
Windows 11, 22H2 Build 22621.1555 at 100% 2560x1440

blazarian

Post by blazarian »

Whew, this thread kept living. :D

Maybe I'll add two "statements" just for the shizzles.

First, the sarcastic one:
Yeah, UX is so overrated!

Second, the "life is short, just solve your issue" one:
I solved mine by buying the competitor's product that has the dual tree. Case closed and no need to bother others here with my workflow issues -- or tease myself by waiting something that is not coming. But yeah, the other tree view made the workflow so fluid that I absolutely required it -- so fast to manage now when the "two states live as separate, and source-target contexts do not fiddle with each other".

nillwatson532

Post by nillwatson532 »

1. Leave the right pane (acts as TARGET) active (as in if you just worked with the right pane to paste items or such)

2. Move your eye focus to the tree view and think "...and now I have to browse to different SOURCE view in left pane"

3. Click anything on tree view to browse your "left area aka source stuff"

4. The right pane (TARGET) changes it's location, and not the left pane (SOURCE)

5. Realize that "oh my, my intention was to manage this browsing in the SOURCE view next to which this tree view is" and curse about the forgotten activity state you left to a wrong pane when you go back and forth the 2 panes all the time

6. Repeat

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dual trees are not planned.

bblackmoor

Post by bblackmoor »

admin wrote: 14 Jun 2021 22:13 Dual trees are not planned.
I came here to see if XYplorer could be configured to support [tree+files][tree+files].

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will look at other file managers.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dual trees are still not planned.

andeaker

Post by andeaker »

admin wrote: 19 Aug 2023 16:10 Dual trees are still not planned.
Is it possible to move the catalog tree according to the "activation" of the left and right panes? For example, if I am working on the right pane, the directory tree is displayed on the right.

highend

Post by highend »

Menu | Tools | Configuration... | General | Custom Event Actions
Other Events
Switch panes
Action: Run script
Script:

Code: Select all

if (get("pane") == 1) { #691; }
    else { #693; }
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

andeaker

Post by andeaker »

highend wrote: 13 Jan 2024 18:47 Menu | Tools | Configuration... | General | Custom Event Actions
Other Events
Switch panes
Script:

else { #693; }
It's great! It solved my problem perfectly, thanks!

eil

Post by eil »

highend wrote: 13 Jan 2024 18:47 Menu | Tools | Configuration... | General | Custom Event Actions
Other Events
Switch panes
Script:

else { #693; }
Though i'm not much of a 2 panels users, surprisingly i liked this approach. The only flaw is that when the tree is moved to the other side, the width is not the same as the "main one" on original side. Surely i can adjust it manually to proper size, but maybe there is a way to transfer the width parameter too?(most probably not, but what if i'm wrong)
Win 7 SP1 x64 100% 1366x768

highend

Post by highend »

It's in the ini, NavWidthLeft

So write a tmp .ini, read the value for that key, recalculate everything and set the pane widths (Pane1Width, Pane2Width) via setlayout() accordingly
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

andeaker

Post by andeaker »

Other Events
Switch panes
Script:

else { #693; }
May I ask that when I activate the right content, the right directory tree is displayed in the center (i.e., to the left of the right content page) instead of the far right of the window