XYPLORER YouTube channel

Features wanted...
CompSystems

XYPLORER YouTube channel

Post by CompSystems »

a little out of place

One idea, create a XYPLORER YouTube channel where a series of short videos is shown explaining the operation of the browser, although all the use and management information is shown on the website, many people sometimes do not understand it.
It is said that an image or a video says more than 10 thousand words.

Who will make the videos, the whole community, for example someone chooses a specific topic and records a procedure, then sends it to an administrator.

admin
Site Admin

Re: XYPLORER YouTube channel

Post by admin »

Well, I don't stop you. :)

I rather use my time to improve the product... :maf:

Horst

Post by Horst »

Videos are not a good way to explain functions and usage of a tool like XYplorer.
The better way are a good help file with many examples and screen shoots for importand settings.
Also for learning scripting I found it most useful to study and modify scripts from the Scripts Exchange.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
Portable XYplorer (actual version, including betas)
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I fully agree.

Nevertheless, the existence of a YouTube channel might add to the "reputation" of an app. But I cannot help it. No time.

CompSystems

Post by CompSystems »

The videos would not have script programming or advanced animations, they only record the operation of specific topics narrated by the person who is manipulating the program, many more people would know about this great application, it would also serve as an evaluation platform and to gain more "followers"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

On the other hand XYplorer is not too hard to find. When I google "file manager windows" (without the quotes) I see XYplorer mentioned in the top 5, and the website itself is in the top 30. So it's visible I'd say.